Old super low rez static aircraft takes some of the fun our of our new LOWI scenery

• There always seems to be someone that discovers the fly in the ointment, so to speak, that would be me, in this case.

I was so excited watching the small trains moving along the rails near the Innsbruck airport yesterday. I paused the Lear45 just to look around to figure out exactly where I was at that instant (about a mile West of the runway). Just a little movement adds so much to the new area.

I then started clicking the various starting locations (6 I think) for LOWI to look for the People Flow and "Other flows". There are less things moving than in FSX or P3D, but the big motor coaches, the yellow airport vehicles and the occasional ramp guy adds the expected motion. I think the sweeper is the most energetic of the bunch. Nice to have these new items in AF2.

Over at the new Meigs ramp, those helos look to be flyable, there is no old look for those guys. Oh, I wish we had one of those shiny helicopters to fly in AF2. Yes, I know, I know. Wish, wish, wish. duh.

I backed my personalized Lear45 into an open slot and then got an eyeful of that really awful (FS2002) looking static airliner. Of all places to park my shiny new Learjet with the free custom paint by GACSavannah. Oh my. We are in dire need of some new static aircraft while we wait for the AI fleet to arrive.

Surely there are some talented folks that know how to fix this in a matter of minutes, well maybe a matter of hours. I would love to see some shiny, somewhat expected models added to all the AF2 airports. You now, even the small Cessnas are 40 year old models, no Cirrus SR22 or SF-50s to be found anyplace.

If anyone sees this as a niche piece of work, I am full of suggestions. I just do not have the talent or experience to do things like this. My contribution is writing reviews and flight tutorials.

Regards,

Ray

• Official Post

For the static aircraft there is a balance between quality and performance. You don't want those aircraft affecting performance so they will never look quite as nice as the flyable's unless there were fewer of them in one particular area at once, then you might be able to squeeze a little bit more polys out of them.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• For the static aircraft there is a balance between quality and performance. You don't want those aircraft affecting performance so they will never look quite as nice as the flyable's unless there were fewer of them in one particular area at once, then you might be able to squeeze a little bit more polys out of them.

I fully agree, but it might be better not to have ANY of these ancient looking super low poly static planes mixed in with 2017 level scenery. Take Meigs for example, those choppers look like they just flew in this morning and it runs just fine. But, the whole world is a balancing act. :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Ray