Innsbruck the Greatest ride of my life

• Hello All.

I have to say this to get it off my chest

Innsbruck in AFS2 will give you, as a flight Simmer, everything you have looked for all your life in flying. Take no notice of the naysayers, you'll never please them, I'm sure they say negative things to be smart, or fool you,
    into thinking they actually know something.

Since flight Sim, or any other flying program has hit the shelves I have just about bought them all. I am in the best possible position to do that (but that's another story).

Once the AFS2 opened on my one 24" monitor, and I set everything up (an absolute breeze and a joy) I decided to fly Innsbruck. One word describes this WOW!!, I'm a grumpy old geeza at the best of times, but this, Innsbruck together with AFS2 has made me want to show anyone and everyone who'll look and listen.

It's the greatest flying experience I have encounted in that many years it scares me to think.

I congratulate everyone who had anything to with making this unbelievable and thrilling scenery, but in particular Jarrad Marshall. This gifted and talented man, made this for you. Buy it, even if it's just our way of saying thanks to him. Goodness only knows how long he spent working on this master class, but whatever happens, it will always take pride of place in my computer.

I have a beat up old joystick and the planes I flew were great.

Congratulates again Jarrad. We are oh so lucky to have you, and to think there are other fantastic dev's out there, just look at FTX, then the future of Simming is it great hands.

Taranakian
    JimNZ (Orbx FTX)

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Very true...

Now just waiting for the Q-400 and an heli to fly around, between Swiss and LOWI :)

Limited by Main Thread...

• Yes, I'm eyeing that Q400. I flies in and out of our town about 8 times a day, taking customers to the big City to catch overseas Flights or just for internal carriage. I think it's actually the Q300 here but I have no problem that it's a slightly larger craft.

Good luck,
    JimNZ

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

• Yes, I'm eyeing that Q400. I flies in and out of our town about 8 times a day, taking customers to the big City to catch overseas Flights or just for internal carriage. I think it's actually the Q300 here but I have no problem that it's a slightly larger craft.

Good luck,
    JimNZ

Jim,

Are you flying the Q300 8x a day in the rw or in a flight sim? Just not clear. Or maybe you can see one flying in and out in your town.
    I am glad you did in fact find the Innsbruck airport in AF2. ha.

Be sure to spend some time at the new Meigs. I think you will also be impressed with that scenery.

Regards,
    Ray

• Official Post

Jim,

Are you flying the Q300 8x a day in the rw or in a flight sim? Just not clear. Or maybe you can see one flying in and out in your town.
    I am glad you did in fact find the Innsbruck airport in AF2. ha.

Be sure to spend some time at the new Meigs. I think you will also be impressed with that scenery.

Regards,
    Ray

I think he meant "It flies in and out", just a t missing there. (visit his profile, might get clear then)
    In all honesty I haven't looked into the differences of the Q300 to the Q400. I know the Q300 is shorter but I don't know how it's instruments differ.

Regards,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan

• The outside aircraft developers will be along - as soon as return on investment will satisfy their needs. Remember how standoffish a lot of them were about P3D. Orbx already has pretty much of a lock on scenery but the big airport guys will be along too - as soon as it's worth their while.

• Ray.

First I want to thank you for the help you have given me over the past couple of weeks, it has helped me so much.

Alas no. I lie in bed with my lappy or in front of my desktop strapped into a w/chair (severely disabled) and dream of being a real world Pilot, that's why I am simply amazed and thrilled with what VOZ, then Orbx (who took it over, and ventured into the future) now with an amalgamation with IPAC the pair have taken flt simming scenery to yet another huge level.

If only I was fit enough to use this new Sim, I would play all day. That's how high I now regard it.

Thank again Ray, you've been a real mate.
    Taranakian (Jim)

• Ray.

First I want to thank you for the help you have given me over the past couple of weeks, it has helped me so much.

Alas no. I lie in bed with my lappy or in front of my desktop strapped into a w/chair (severely disabled) and dream of being a real world Pilot, that's why I am simply amazed and thrilled with what VOZ, then Orbx (who took it over, and ventured into the future) now with an amalgamation with IPAC the pair have taken flt simming scenery to yet another huge level.

If only I was fit enough to use this new Sim, I would play all day. That's how high I now regard it.

Thank again Ray, you've been a real mate.
    Taranakian (Jim)

Thanks Jim,

Helping others is the most rewarding for me. Make sure you read the Aerofly FS2 at Avsim.com.
    Which AF2 planes are your favorite?

Regards,
    Ray

• Yes I have just purchased Aerofly 2 and will be Installing this scenery also, Looks great

Welcome to the forum :)

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Thank you guys :)

Yes just navigating around the User Interface and getting to grips with it and so on. Very nice indeed

Be sure to read the Avsim review if you want to read and see the big picture. Welcome Elaine.

Regards,

Ray