This site under sells fantastic product.

• Hello All.

This post is not intended to upset anyone, it is simply an observation.

I am disappointed in the way this web-site looks. You have in AFS2 the most beautiful and amazing product. Some of us, long in the tooth members, have waited since day one to see a Flight Sim of this calibre, and now we have one.

I do feel though that the colour, design, layout etc of this site, the main IPACS site for this product does not do it justice It is drab and shows very little of what is available to the buyer, there are pictures but I'm sure you could replace these with more classy, more professional pictures, and add a video or two. There are a couple of video producers/filming, members of this Sim, who are extraordinary in this field. Just lookup youtube. One of which shows his wares in a post in the last day or two. He did a wonderful job with music to suit.

I hope IPAC looks into this and makes the necessary changes, as I want this to be a winning Flight Sim above all other Flight Sims.

Again, I hope this post is taken in the way it is meant. A helpful observation.

Tarankian (Jim)

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• For me it is all a question of resource allocation.

While I understand your concern, I also feel that the Team at IPACS being so small, and their involvement with this project certainly occupying so much time, leaves no room for improvement yet in another, more Marketing-oriented area.

I would like to see a huge community starting to adhere to AEFS2, because it deserves but also and egoistically from my PoV, because a growing community would more easily make 3pds look into it more seriously.

There is so much work to do to bring AEFS2 to a level of detail that starts to really attract the most demanding users, that I really prefer to have the site as it is right now, knowing their ( the developers ) time and work is being fully dedicated to AEFS2 development.

Limited by Main Thread...

• Well from the community side there are several initiatives going right now. One of these is Aerofly Central (http://www.aeroflycentral.com/home) which I am building on as we speak. I would love to hear what you think about it, both content-wise as wel as the look and feel. In order for it to become successful it will need a good amount of visitors though.

Right now I am implementing more features like an airport list and a list of interesting locations to visit. I would love to hear your ideas though. A user on Steam brought me the idea of a weekly flight so that users will have something to do for example. It will bring a flight along with conditions to set, a background story and that sort of stuff.

• Ray,

I find your site JUST GREAT! and sorry for forgetting to mention it in my answer above to the OP.

Indeed a reference site already for the AEFS2 community, and very welcomed by the IPACS Team too I believe.

Limited by Main Thread...

• Ray,

I find your site JUST GREAT! and sorry for forgetting to mention it in my answer above to the OP.

Indeed a reference site already for the AEFS2 community, and very welcomed by the IPACS Team too I believe.

Thank you for your support and no problem that you forgot to mention it, it will take quite some time for the website to gain traction. This enables me to tweak the underlying system for performance and security however.

In the meantime I can also think about how I will make things financially possible as I'll probably have to move it to a bigger server once it gains traction. I might have to implement Google Ads to help with that although I'm not a big fan of advertisements on websites.

• Ray.

Right on the button. That's exactly what I mean and want to see as the main site. You have made an amazing site Ray and as more information comes to hand it will add to what is a winner. Actually floating around near this post is HiFlyer and Rodeo have put out a list of all airports, airfields or anywhere else a craft can land in the USA, Switzerland etc.

Gee, I hope IPAC asks you to submit this as an official site and you get their blessing. I didn't realise the company was so small any help they can get from talented guys like you should be snapped up very quickly so they can concentrate on their core business, which IMHO has just got to be a winner along with the backing of Orbx and their simply amazing crew.

Well done Ray. I'm a happy chappy now, I hope they give you the advertisement that you deserve.

Regards Tarankian.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Ray.

Right on the button. That's exactly what I mean and want to see as the main site. You have made an amazing site Ray and as more information comes to hand it will add to what is a winner. Actually floating around near this post is HiFlyer and Rodeo have put out a list of all airports, airfields or anywhere else a craft can land in the USA, Switzerland etc.

Gee, I hope IPAC asks you to submit this as an official site and you get their blessing. I didn't realise the company was so small any help they can get from talented guys like you should be snapped up very quickly so they can concentrate on their core business, which IMHO has just got to be a winner along with the backing of Orbx and their simply amazing crew.

Well done Ray. I'm a happy chappy now, I hope they give you the advertisement that you deserve.

Regards Tarankian.

Thank you, really nice to hear :) If you have any comments or ideas for the website just let me know, I'm open to feedback.

• RayG81,
    Excellent website! I would suggest a new TAB called News that very quickly summarizes new releases or features that seem to be exciting from all the forums.

I would also ask you to point to the User Created Content subforum where we have some additional downloadable sceneries and aircraft repaints (maybe actual aircraft someday).

https://www.ipacs.de/forum/forumdis…created-content

Keep up the great effort!

Dave

• RayG81,
    Excellent website! I would suggest a new TAB called News that very quickly summarizes new releases or features that seem to be exciting from all the forums.

I would also ask you to point to the User Created Content subforum where we have some additional downloadable sceneries and aircraft repaints (maybe actual aircraft someday).

https://www.ipacs.de/forum/forumdis…created-content

Keep up the great effort!

Dave

Hi Dave,

Isn't the news tab you're talking about what the home tab is now? When I read something interesting in the forums, like a new feature or something I will create a news article which will appear in the home tab, just like other new articles, products and product updates. Or do you mean something else?

I will look at the User Created Content subforum and see what I can do for aircraft repaints and additional sceneries. It would be nice if we can give them a more prominent place on the website...

Ray

• Ray,
    Well, your HOME page is nice with photos - but I was thinking about a few short sentences at the very top without photos - like Meigs and LOWI released today, GeoConvert for user generated photoreal scenery published at end of June, New tool for generating animated aircraft and other objects will be available in July, Lionheart will be releasing his third party aircraft in July, New 2K per eye VR HMD has been tested with FS2, User Created Content has high detail additional aircraft for LOWI and other sceneries,etc... (I made up some of the events and dates!). That list would be updated maybe once a week??

Thanks again
    Dave

• Ray,
    Well, your HOME page is nice with photos - but I was thinking about a few short sentences at the very top without photos - like Meigs and LOWI released today, GeoConvert for user generated photoreal scenery published at end of June, New tool for generating animated aircraft and other objects will be available in July, Lionheart will be releasing his third party aircraft in July, New 2K per eye VR HMD has been tested with FS2, User Created Content has high detail additional aircraft for LOWI and other sceneries,etc... (I made up some of the events and dates!). That list would be updated maybe once a week??

Thanks again
    Dave

Be careful, Dave, first thing you know CNN will offer you your own show for Fake News. :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Ray

• Ray,

Thanks again
    Dave

Ah now I understand, that's a nice idea indeed. I'll try to implement this very soon (maybe tonight :) ).

• I would also ask you to point to the User Created Content subforum where we have some additional downloadable sceneries and aircraft repaints (maybe actual aircraft someday).

Hi Dave,

I've started indexing the aircraft repaints, might take me a few days to add all currently existing repaints. You can look under the Aerofly section and you'll see all the default aircraft over there. When you click on an aircraft it will take you to a specific page for that aircraft. I've added some repaints under the Learjet 45 and the Boeing 747-400, they link to the IPACS forum page on which you can download the repaint and post additional screenshots, praise the artist, etc. :). Let me know what you think about this new feature.

Regards,

Raymond