Flying a real glider over Grand Canyon

• People just need to see this. Epic.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Wow that looks truly amazing. At first I was a bit surprised that he used oxygen, because he didn't look THAT high. But I forgot the ground is already kinda high, and at 17000ft I'd use oxygen, too, for sure.

I'd love to see these clouds in Aerofly :D The weather looks almost perfect for gliding, too. The thermals look to be strong clouds are indicating them very nicely. The cloud streets could be a little bit longer though :D He also mentions there's no place to land, 240 miles away from home, I'd like that as a challenge :D

Regards,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan

• Fantastic to see the location that I visited as tourist in June 2010. Now and then recognised spots that I admired on groundlevel.
    Crisp and clear movie you made and time-lapsed the not so special flighttimes, very well done.

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• It's a great way to while away a Sunday afternoon... but the constant stress of locking on to a possible landing site all the time makes me prefer doing this in the sim!
    I had a great glide down the Inn valley yesterday.
    I haven't figured out how authentic the thermal generation might be, but the vario kept up its song long enough to go there... and back.

• I've been watching Bruno's flying for years and its great to see him finally do this. I remember people posting in his youtube comments that he must have emphysema if he needs an oxygen tank <facepalm> lol :D

AFFS2 Needs Multiplayer - Please make it happen!