• Hello, my PC config is i5 4590, gtx 970 and 8gb Ram. In Aerofly i can play in 2k at 120 fps but with the new scenery LOWI by ORBX the games become more hungry, i need to go back to full HD, decrease some option (but game always beautiful :p) but sometimes the FPS drop even.
    Do you think if i take 8 more gb RAM (so 16 gb RAM in all) i will see a difference or it won't change much?

Thank's for your answer.

• I didn't answer yet because I am not an expert on this but since no one else has answered yet: I doubt if 8 MB RAM extra will help a lot. I think the CPU and GPU are limiting performance.

• If you have or plan on running Windows 10 you will see some improvements as Windows itself requires a lot of memory just to run itself.

In general though, Aerofly FS2 relies more on GPU memory performance wise. Adding physical memory may smooth things out a bit for you though if your limited memory causes virtual memory swaps.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks a lot for your answers. I have win 10 and the possibility to have 8gb at low price so i will take a try with this but i understand GPU is the most important with aerofly fs 2. So maybee i will see for upgrade this later if i take another ORBX scenery in the future and have drop FPS with them.

• Win 10 will manage your memory a bit more properly. Since RAM are so cheap (DDR3), why not try.

So you know, here are my spec:

An old 2600K OC @ 4,4ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6g @ 2560x1600

My old GTX 590 didn't have a problem with all stock DLC, I can't tell with LOWI because it was replace with the 1060 before it came out.

Also, AF2 run nicely a 3,8ghz.

LOWI is smooth as butter EVEN when filming with FRAPS.

80-120 FPS without FRAPS running, 30-65 FPS with FRAPS running.

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• So i try with 16GB Ram, a little bit smoother but don't change things a lot (not a problem this be useful for other things like Forza horizon for example, big improvement :P).

My problem seems with the shadow option on LOWI or New york DLC. If i put this option on medium and the others on ultra always 120 FPS, everything great. But if i put shadow to high my FPS drop but not so much (approximately as ftp2leta) between 70 and 95 FPS but have a lot of stuttering when move the head in the plane, not smooth at all. If the problem is only GPU or CPU capacity my FPS must be lower? With correct FPS is it normal i have stuttering? I 'll try vsync on, off same problem, and don't change any option on the graphic card. Try three different driver of my gtx 970, always the same.

Thanks if you have any clue or answer. Not a big deal, Aeorofly still beautifull with medium shadow but just curious about this.