Aerofly FS2 and reddit

• Hi all,

As someone who started flight sims with Microsoft and the green line grid with a jaggy line for mountains in the distance I never hoped that flight sims would get this good so quickly. Aerofly FS2 is amazing and especially so in VR. Once you try VR you can never go back. P3D FSX an XP don't come anywhere close in vr even with Flyinside software. Now with Orbx on board Aerofly is going from strength to strength.

However as Betamax and VHS are often cited, the best system doesn't always necessarily win. For example when I look on sub Reddit flightsim there is very little about Aerofly. When I have posted there about how amazing it is I usually get condescending comments about it not being a proper flight sim for serious pilots, just a game etc etc.

How about as a group we start actively posting on Reddit especially with those great videos of Innsbruck and Meigs and actually make a presence?

I really want Aerofly to succeed

Ps a helicopter and Orbx Australia would be nice.

Bill

• I have posted on Reddit/Flightsim in the past, and you're very correct that mention of Aerofly usually draws very negative reactions.

Initially I was surprised by that, as I assumed that away from mainstream forums there would be a wider range of free thought, but apparently not so much! 8o

The lesson I draw is that simmers tend to be conservative, no matter where you find them.

Which doesn't mean I won't roll up my sleeves and do as you suggest.

Apparently I like tilting at windmills. :)

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Official Post

This is going to take some time for the community at large to adapt to Aerofly. A lot of reasons is that this is still in Early Access, still in the middle of development, and still lacking some of the core features that will attract hardcore simmers. Some of the reasons why we don't go crazy with marketing at the moment is mostly due to these reasons. I am currently working on a marketing strategy but it's still going to take some time to develop.

Everyone has seen the quality that goes into each update, expect this consistently throughout development, and in the end Aerofly will make it as a strong competitor in the field.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Can't see any problem keeping your powder dry, just keep developing and refining features, fixing bugs, then when it's ready it will speak for itself and you will have something to market. Those of us that get the idea of early access/in development will have the satisfaction of knowing we were in here first and helped support it and shape its future.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• Official Post

Can't see any problem keeping your powder dry, just keep developing and refining features, fixing bugs, then when it's ready it will speak for itself and you will have something to market. Those of us that get the idea of early access/in development will have the satisfaction of knowing we were in here first and helped support it and shape its future.

Everyone's ideas, criticism, and assistance small and big really does make an impact in a positive manner. Sometimes that isn't expressed enough. Yes, users that help "mold and guide" this product will have the satisfaction that they played a role . Especially once it becomes the flight simulator to beat out there :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff