• A while back I joined the complaints mob about the size of the downloads. Being one of those who owned Dovetails Flight School I started messing with my free FSW program instead. However, the lure of the Orbyx has proved too strong and I bought the Meigs scenery last night. What a great product! I loved flying from Meigs back in the early FS days. So thanks for the program IPACS and thanks to ORbyx too. As for the future .... this is not a full simulator but one day it might get there. Helicopters and Australia/New Zealand scenery would do it for me. :)

• Tell you what AOB, I strongly suggest you beg, borrow or steal the money:) to purchase Innsbruck. IMHO the greatest scenery I have ever seen and I go back to 1995.

Regards,

Taranakian.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Official Post

A while back I joined the complaints mob about the size of the downloads. Being one of those who owned Dovetails Flight School I started messing with my free FSW program instead. However, the lure of the Orbyx has proved too strong and I bought the Meigs scenery last night. What a great product! I loved flying from Meigs back in the early FS days. So thanks for the program IPACS and thanks to ORbyx too. As for the future .... this is not a full simulator but one day it might get there. Helicopters and Australia/New Zealand scenery would do it for me. :)

Everyone gets frustrated from time to time, and your rant was certainly understandable even though those big downloads needed to happen for the betterment of the sim. We cringed when those updates needed to be released, and I expected the responses that came :)

As for getting there, I'm positive that you will be pleased once more of the bigger core updates are released, and I can assure you that Aerofly will for sure get a helicopter, I just can't tell you exactly when yet. Hang in there.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• AOB,

We are of one mind Australia and a helicopter!

For now Innsbruck is an insight to the future of Aerofly and Orbx. Personally if Orbx makes anything for Aerofly I will buy it, their stuff is that good I don't need to see a review to know I'm going to love it. I'd love to see all of the Orbx airports transported across to Aerofly. I have a heap of them in P3D, but I always found flying in VR problematic even with flyinside and an overclocked i7 with a Titan gpu, it always made me nauseous from lower frame rates unless I pulled the detail level back. I did load it up recently to see if things have improved and I found the autogen scenery cartoonish. I've just got used to flying with photorealistic scenery in Aerofly.

Somehow flying in VR makes my brain think that I have actually flown there. I have never been to concrete municipal airport and yet somehow it feels like it's another airport that I've flown into in my own plane. It's a weird thing but I think VR fires off other parts of your brain that looking at three monitors doesn't.

The future for flight simming is so bright at the moment, it's like Xmas all year round.