Geoconvert tool in June?

• Hi guys,

I was reading through the Wiki about how to create the photo-real scenery and it seems a bit "tedious" process. Just for curiosity, why it wasn't possible to take a smoother approach for the tool, as for instance Ortho4XP, where almost everything is integrated and the only thing you really need to do is select on a map the tiles you want to download and copy them to the sim folder? (yes, it can be more complicated for advanced users, but that's how I created my scenery) It is because the tool relies on FSET?

Not trying to criticize, just curious about why you guys took this rather "complex" process. :)

I think you'll find that their process will be VERY straight forward ONCE YOU GET the raw data via FSET (a completely separate app used as an example method of gaining that data). It's the use of FSET that will be hard to grasp initially. Thereafter, you'll wonder why you ever thought it was so difficult. Trust me, been using FSET for years. Plus, you'll find the world is mostly a blur with only a small proportion really giving you that clarity you'll crave. The alignment of imagery within P3D/FSX wasn't ever correct and very noticable at airports. I hoping that is not the case with AFS2.

They did this (I guess) because FSET was there and ready to be used as a data grabber. It's NOT ideal and hasn't been directly supported (I don't believe) for many many years. BUT, it sort of works by the knowing/unknowing grace of the likes of Google and Virtual Earth.

It will be FUN.

• The alignment of imagery within P3D/FSX wasn't ever correct and very noticable at airports.

The opposite is actually the case. It is the placement of default airports which is totally inaccurate in FSX/P3D. Photo ground carpet placement is very accurate.

For that reason, when you make a photo scenery for FSX/P3D you have to edit all default airports and any landclass-related object placement.

Fortunately enough it's a quite easy (still time consuming) task thanks to convenient tools like ADE.

The concept with AFS2 is totally different, there's no crappy landclass, and no default airport.

Thus, first thing you create a scenery with Geoconvert tool, then you place airstrips...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I sort of meant the same thing but just didn't say it well -:)

Cheers

BG2518-Bob

• Sorry, our beta testers are a little picky, so we delayed it until next week.

Just wondering how picky the beta testers are this week? Bit more relaxed hopefully.

• Just wondering how picky the beta testers are this week? Bit more relaxed hopefully.

Just check the download section (;-)

Have a nice geoconverting weekend !

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Just try with the wiki tuto. Put BMP files and inf files from Fset in input aerial images. Create my TMC files (with decimal geocoordinates) and batch file (same name TMC file and noted in the batch). But when double click batch files it says "Error initializing aerofly FS2 Geoconvert! See tm.log file." Any idea?

• Official Post

Just try with the wiki tuto. Put BMP files and inf files from Fset in input aerial images. Create my TMC files (with decimal geocoordinates) and batch file (same name TMC file and noted in the batch). But when double click batch files it says "Error initializing aerofly FS2 Geoconvert! See tm.log file." Any idea?

I'm going to close this thread, can you please post a new thread with this same exact question so that it can be tracked easier by everyone?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff