Ecuvillens, Swiss

• Runways are given the numbers based on their magnetic orientation but since the magnetic north pole moves constantly runways have to be given different numbers every now and then. That explains why it might be 10/28 and not 09/27. But since that airport doesn't seem to have a second runway the "R" and "L" don't make any sense. This might be mistake or oversight.

A bug would be caused by the programmed algorithm (e.g. not loading the airport even if content would be installed), this problem isn't caused by any algorithm ergo it's technically not a bug.

Thank you for reporting this to us,

Jan

• Not really a bug, this is regularily changing due to variation's yearly drift.

True rwy heading is 095/275, thus rwy QFU oscillates over years between 09/27 and 10/28.

There must be no L/R suffix since only 1 rwy.

This is another drawback of IPACS closed approach for scenery making, with RWY markings engraved together with the whole aerodrome scenery in an external and unaffordable CAD SW for compilation, making it totally impossible to edit unless you have the original creator's source files...

Maybe this time somebody from IPACS will correct the rwy marking, but many airport rwy headings around the place are due to change sortly due to variation's drift, and change back again in a couple of years...

There's thus little chances this will follow the reality in the sim, not even sure variation gets updated either, and users won't be able to do it themselves with the current concept...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Yes that is one downside of the current way of creating scenery. In FSX you can take the default airport and change it's taxiways and signs and runways and approaches and so forth, too.

The plus side is nobody can steal your Aerofly airport and publish it in another sim and the scenery is smaller in size and can be loaded faster. For example you don't have to generate the vertices and triangles first, you just push them up to the graphics card, done.-

• Thanks for giving me a better understanding about this matter.

I always thought runway markings/numbers in RW were fixed

although some do not correspondent with the magnetic orientation.

I see now some not so happy people with a big pot of white paint

walking around every time the earth wobbles...

Groet Dree

• Yes that is one downside of the current way of creating scenery. In FSX you can take the default airport and change it's taxiways and signs and runways and approaches and so forth, too.

The plus side is nobody can steal your Aerofly airport and publish it in another sim and the scenery is smaller in size and can be loaded faster. For example you don't have to generate the vertices and triangles first, you just push them up to the graphics card, done.-

Well, I cannot think right now of so many Aerofly airports to steal and publish in antother sim, but if this is the main driver for such an architecture then I'd say markings should be editable as textures without needing the source files, just like one repaints aircraft liveries.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.