• Hi again guys, its been a while since I last came here for advice so am hoping someone can help me. I have this very strange problem with dual rates while flying any of the 3D planes. I have my dual rates setup properly in the advance controls set up screen. I have a DXE Spectrum that I have assigned the Aux switch to be my dual rate switch so its just the regular up down switch, the actual dual rate switch for my DXE does not work in the sim. The problem I have is the ailerons do not move between high and low, I suppose its always on high, but the rudder and elevator does respond to high and low. The thing is if I choose any other type of plane or heli I get high and low rates working no problem. I have set low rates on all except throttle to 60% just to get started. While on runway I can see my elevator/rudder move on high and low but the ailerons are on max no matter if its high or low but only as I have said only for the 3D planes, every thing else works fine. I cannot work it out. Is there someone who can help me out please. I have the leads below into my Spectrum DXE

Dave:

[Blocked Image: http://www.aeroflyrc.com/images/aerofly_rc_7_support_spektrum.jpg]

• High again Jürgen. I have today had another go at my dual rates problem but the dam thing will not work with any of the 3D planes. In the advanced channel setup when I put the dual rates to 60% the, the sliders on the left will go to 60, when I put it to 100 the sliders for all flite channel's will go to 100 so in theory should work. When I am on the runway and I move my ailerons they do not respond to normal or high rate, they just move I presume to there full rate. The only channel that responds to dual rates for 3D planes is the elevator, I see that go between 60 and 100%. I don't no what I am doing wrong. Even if I pick a keyboard key to operate dual rates its the same story. I am just wondering now too do a full re-install and try again. Like I said in earlier post all other planes, helicopters work fine with dual rates but not the 3D models. So any further advice I would gratefully receive

Regards. Dave

• What do you mean you don't have any 3D models?. You must have the models in your planes list surly. What edition do you use were you don't have any 3D planes. OK if I use the Yak-SP55M for example right at the bottom of the Aircraft list. If I pick that and want to adjust dual rates lets say with keyboard stroke D, in the advanced controller setup it lights up blue for the dual rate switch I have assigned. If I give it 60% throws on all surfaces except throttle the model will not show 60% throws on run way except the elevator, that will move between 60 and 100% or whatever I have set it too. So while flying and doing rolls I cannot go to 60% to soften the roll to make it less twitchy. Any other plane or helicopter I can adjust dual rates. is there a reason for this? is it a bug or something else. I have installed Aerofly 7 on another PC and it still the same, I cannot make dual rates work for any of the 3D aerobatic planes. I hope I have explained that for you

Dave

• Well thats absolutely amazing. Can you please try the Yak 55, Yak 54 and the Velox Revolution 2 if you don't mind, i just need to know that it is not at my end. I re-installed the sim hoping that would fix it but did not. What's bad about these 3D planes is, i have made them super twitchy so i can do aerobatics a lot faster, but now the problem is its over sensitive and needs dual rates working to tame it right down for sport mode flying. This is just not suppose to happen, any plane should have dual rates working. If anyone else on here reads this can you please try these planes, or any of the 3D models. Is there a fix for this or a work around. Anyway Jurgen thanks for letting me know, i was pulling hair out trying to fix it. I will do another thread hoping someone can advise

Regards. Dave:

• Hi menacegtr,

I cannot confirm your assumption. I tried all 3 mentioned aircrafts and several others and dual rate works fine for the ailerons as well as for other channels.

This is my setting:

I did full deflection of elevator and aileron at my transmitter.

1. Without d/r I see reduced deflections of the surfaces and in the transmitter display.

With d/r switched on I have larger deflections.

Rodeo