• First of all amazing experience in VR; using HTC Vive.

My only hassle at the moment is that the pilot seat is not in front of my desk and, I think, its the center of my room-scale setup. This leads to me having to have the joystick on my lap and stretching out to reach the throttle.

Is there any way to re-calibrate where the pilot seat is?

Tnx.

• Do you mean you want to reset your position in the cockpit once you've sat yourself down properly on your pilot seat? Spacebar resets VR camera, but I've reconfigured another more convenient button to do that. Or configure an xbox controller button to do it. It's under Settings > Controls

• Best thing to do is to assign a button on your joystick or whatever controller you use to the VR reset view option. I notice, just as with TrackIR, that after looking around a lot it is necessary to reset the view. I have to do that quite often. The change of view isn't always very noticeable but it is there.

• Settings->Controls->View (Scroll to bottom)->Move Down/Up, Move Backward/Forward, Move Left/Right can be mapped to keys or buttons on joystick. I map them to my POV hat. I always just hit the SpaceBar at the very beginning of the session to do a reset then.

• Also, you can manipulate the view a bit in VR, so if you squat down and back a bit in your chair and hit the reset button, when you sit up straight you'll be up and forward of where you were. Comes in handy to get a better view.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• You can actually also change your seat position with the pageup/pagedown and I believe Home/End

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

Edited once, last by HiFlyer (June 30, 2017 at 3:13 PM).

• I also have the Vive. Make sure you've correctly set up and checked the "floor level" and chaperone box using SteamVR.

I inadvertently knocked a tracking station out of alignment, and found myself sitting on the main spar of the airplane, and on the roof of my trucks in ATS, etc.

A realignment brought everything back to normal again.

IIRC, I had to put the seated position down separately inside the chaperone box. Need to look into the settings again myself too.

Edited once, last by Kruutmoes (July 2, 2017 at 10:28 PM).

• Has anyone found a way to change POV for external cameras?

Left wing camera view is behind my right shoulder in VR but In 2d display left wing camera is along left wing in the centre of view.

I see the camera postion and direction definitions in the XXX.tmd but I have not found any documentation of the coordinate system.

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

• If you are going to edit the seat positions in the aircraft tmd files you have to be careful as it can mess things up rather quickly. Also, any updates to the current aircraft would overwrite any changes that you make to these files.

The best thing to do for now would be to just bind the VR center command to a button on your controller then make your slight adjustment and recenter your view.

I will circle back to editing the seat positions for VR so that they are more permanent but I haven't had a chance to do this yet.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi,

is it a way to force the VR frame and avoid the auto reset at startup. My goal is to have always the VR cockpit at the same place relatively to the fixed VR sensor (Valve or oculus)

thanks in advance,

People have asked about that forever. It's one of those things that is just never implemented, and eventually you feel you are just talking to yourself.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Hi,

Thanks even if I would prefer an other answer ;)

It not too complicated to implement, and very usefull for VR users.

People have asked about that forever. It's one of those things that is just never implemented, and eventually you feel you are just talking to yourself.

Hi HiFlyer,

I did some investigation with some piece code, and it seems that the openvr resetseatpose function is never called by aerofly (automatically) during startup.

I tested with my valve index (with only one sensor) and it seems to be reproductable. I have always the sensor at my left when I look forward. I tested only the default airport of a fresh installation. Have to test other airport to see the first yaw initialisation depends on the QFU. Perhaps the hmd uses its internal compass to initialise it’s yaw offset regarding fixed sensor, I hope he doesn’t.

In any cases I think initialisation problems are only coming from the HMH and its driver.
    I imagine that with standalone hmd (without fixed sensor) it will be Impossible to have a reproductable frame initialisation at each startup.

JP

Edited once, last by drhotwing1 (IPACS): Merged a post created by jpx into this post. (May 23, 2020 at 5:26 PM).