• Hello All.

Does anyone on the forum have either the Thrustmaster T- Flight Stick X or the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick.

If so, and you don't mind helping out an old fogey, who can never work out the mapping of buttons, would you mind contacting me.

Now please don't rush to hide in the tree's, 8o your help would be precious, plus save each and every airport the cost of a broken

aeroplane either short of or over-shoot the runway.

Thanks to the unfortunate winner,

Jim.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• J Van E. I could'nt have asked for a better person to help me. thank you so much for this, I really appreciate it.

Yes, I prefer the Extreme 3D Pro myself and have gone through a few over the years. Mind you using it on an angle all the time cannot be

good for it.

Would you be able to send me via E-mail if it will be easier for you, how you have yours mapped. Could you give me your

keyboard mapping as well, not the lot but in particular the important keys, I can add to them as I go over time. There is so much to map out eg cooling system etc that I don't really know much about. I'd like to but being stuck in bed or in a wheelchair I don't get much chance to get out and learn (hands on) about engines.

If this is to much then don't bother as I would understand. If I could just get the button mapping would be a trendous help.

Since writing the original message I remembered youtube. Looking in there it showed how to map so that's good. It's just the order of priority on the stick and keys that I cannot get right.

Thank you again JVE, I can't explain how pleased I am that you replied.

Regards,

Jim. zl2bmh@xtra.co.nz

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

• Ok, I will mail you my button mapping later today but after reading your post I doubt if it will help you much because I only have around 4 joystick keys mapped to things in the cockpit (Gear and trim): the rest has to do with the Rift and general sim functions like Pause and exiting screens... and my keyboard is mostly at default settings. Cooling settings aren't simulatie yet afaik so I have done nothing with all those buttons.

• That would be lovely all the same. Actually you have helped all ready with your comments about leaving the keyboard as it is. So that's what I'll do

as I wasn't sure what needed to be mapped in there. I hope to get VR one day, it must be fantastic from the reports I've read. GL.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Jim.

• Jim, you're mail returned and couldn't be delivered so to keep things simple I might as well upload the screenshots here. ;) Here is the text of the mail:

Here are the screenshots of my controller settings. I only made screenshots of screens in which I changed something and/or that actually have assignements. For the tabs Primary and View I had to make two screenshots to show all settings: Simulation and Game control fitted on one screenshot.

Also take note that I not only use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro but also Saitek Rudder pedals.

As I already said on the forum: I don't know if this will actually help you but well, who knows. Good luck with it all anyway!

That's it! ;) And yes, VR is great. ;)

• Hi, this is my first post on IPACS. I purchased AeroFly2 during the sale and was so impressed on how well it runs on my lap top I bought all that steam had to offer during the sale. I just want to thank you for this discussion on the joystick settings. Most helpful. Also was surprised how well the Orbx scenery works as well.

Kind regards,

Carl

Regards,

Carl

Laptop I7-7700HQ - 2.8/3.6hz, Nvida GeForce GTX 1050 4g, 16gb mem, ssd256 GB +ssd 2.0TB, Win10

• Official Post

Hi, this is my first post on IPACS. I purchased AeroFly2 during the sale and was so impressed on how well it runs on my lap top I bought all that steam had to offer during the sale. I just want to thank you for this discussion on the joystick settings. Most helpful. Also was surprised how well the Orbx scenery works as well.

Kind regards,

Carl

Hi Carl, welcome to our forum ! Be sure to check out the official Aerofly FS2 Wiki as well, it contains an up to date user manual, tutorials, and much more. Also be sure to grab some user created repaints on this forum for your favorite aircraft.

You can find the Wiki here: https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/dokuwiki/

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks AOB. I actually wondered about that, so now you have confirmed it that's great. I only fly the three you have

mentioned, thanks a million for this.

Jim.