Norway - mesh

• What is important is to find out the name of 2 or 3 airports that you are thinking about adding to AF2. That would allow me to get a firm grip on my geography.

I do not have much time for airport modeling. For that reason I have been striving to find simple solutions for 3d modeling. And now I've just found a good solution - I think..... :/

Where I begin will depend on the new Geoconvert tool. First, I have to test how good photoscenery I can manage to make. Quite exciting....

Perhaps it makes sense to start in the west? Then I do not depend on much photo between the two airports (Haugesund and Stavanger). :)

• Good choice. I worked out of the Stavanger office for awhile way back when. We took over a large oil platform deck that was being built on Stord Island. Had to use a seaplane to get there, or that is what I kept telling them.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• Perhaps it makes sense to start in the west? Then I do not depend on much photo between the two airports (Haugesund and Stavanger).

Well, er... remember that water is photo too in Aerofly FS 2...? ;) Anyway, I am VERY HAPPY to see more people are interested in Norway!

• I'll take a bolt on float kit in a heartbeat. Good idea. How about requesting this from IPACS. It might be nothing more than a couple of hours work for those guys.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• The physics is exactly the same for landing and taking off but you need a splash of sorts and some different resistance when you hit the water. X/

water and floats, dirt and wheels.

Regards,

Ray

• When airborne yes. You simply have more airdrag at the feet when cruising.

When on water definitely not.

Water drag is very strong and a lot of power is needed to get the aircraft on the step before to start gaining speed. Waves make also a big difference - totally flat water is extremely sticky. The behaviour differences between floating and on the step are sure no easy stuff to get reasonnably modellized.

Step taxiing is also something very special, here again the influences of wind and waves make a big difference.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 4.00GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• All I can say is that I'd certainly low to fly the Norway fjords. I had sort of planned doing that in FSX with the OrbX scenery a while ago but then I put my FSX expenses on hold. Aerofly FS2 would be a great way to get back to this project. The Dash is certainly a great aircraft for that place. But Norway is only going to emphasize even stronger the need for weather (we really new snowfalls there), and indeed the lack of floatplanes will show there too (and I love them. I went back to Prepar3d recently just to fly the Aerosoft Catalania in VR as a water bomber using Firefighter X. So awesome).