For those, considering to "step into reality" (second entry)

• Yes, yesterday Prime day at Amazon it was selling for $399 with a $100 Amazon credit on top of that with free shipping.

I thought briefly about it but was told by someone that knows more than me that improvement are on the way. Nothing specific was said, but my birthday and Christmas might be a good time to add one to my wish list.

Regards,

Ray

• but was told by someone that knows more than me that improvement are on the way

Interesting... Could you ask your source to be a bit more specific? ;) I only bought the Rift half a year ago but if something new would be released with a better resolution (and without taking away anything the Rift offers now) I probably would buy it ASAP anyway. As I said before I only read about new things not being released anytime soon so... I am curious about what that someone knows!

• Official Post

Yes, yesterday Prime day at Amazon it was selling for $399 with a $100 Amazon credit on top of that with free shipping.

I thought briefly about it but was told by someone that knows more than me that improvement are on the way. Nothing specific was said, but my birthday and Christmas might be a good time to add one to my wish list.

Regards,

Ray

The next Oculus release is in two years from what i've seen.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• The next Oculus release is in two years from what i've seen.

Correct. But maybe Ray's connection has intel from another company...? I would be surprised though if anything would be released in 2017 that would be (a lot) better than the Rift or Vive.

• Interesting... Could you ask your source to be a bit more specific? ;) I only bought the Rift half a year ago but if something new would be released with a better resolution (and without taking away anything the Rift offers now) I probably would buy it ASAP anyway. As I said before I only read about new things not being released anytime soon so... I am curious about what that someone knows!

I can't ask. Source is a high level Tech Mgt type overseeing ops in several countries - only gives cryptic advice but real nice birthday and Christmas presents.

btw. Never mentioned brand names.

When I asked about the net $299 price yesterday, the only answer was it was old technology, trying to empty the shelves, or something to that effect.

Regards,

Ray

• Official Post

Well, Aerofly is already a great VR experience with current gen, I (like most others) actually look forward to what's next. It will only get better :)

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

Ray, for the price it is at now, and the absolute wonderful experience that you get with Aerofly FS2 in VR (not a plug here :)) it's worth it. You can always sell it once the CV2 arrives (someone will buy it)

Regards,

Jeff

• Ray, for the price it is at now, and the absolute wonderful experience that you get with Aerofly FS2 in VR (not a plug here :)) it's worth it. You can always sell it once the CV2 arrives (someone will buy it)

Agreed. Go get it, Ray!

only gives cryptic advice but real nice birthday and Christmas presents

LOL

• Correct. But maybe Ray's connection has intel from another company...? I would be surprised though if anything would be released in 2017 that would be (a lot) better than the Rift or Vive.

Well we do have Microsoft that will bring affordable headsets to the market somewhere this year through its partners. They do have a little bit higher resolution. We will have to wait how those specs turn out though.

https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/05/micros…ll-vr-headsets/

• This is the most amazing tech period... trust the gaming community to come up with something the F-35 guys have been trying to get to work, for years!

My bet is on nVidia-powered 3rd-party hardware running native Win 10 code at slightly better resolution than we have at present.

The trick will be to get the RW hardware (throttle, stick) to fuse with other (VR) inputs.

You still need the physical bits because your arms will fall off if you try flying for an hour waving only a VR controller!