• Aerofly FS2 relies more on GPU rather than CPU for overall horsepower but it should benefit some from the extra cores and clock speed. Also, Aerofly uses CPU cores for specific functions. You will see some improvement but not as much as if you upgrade your GPU to a GTX 1080Ti.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff,

Thanks for that.

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned my specs......

I'm using AFS2 in VR and I use a six core i7-970 cpu @ 3.2GHz with a standard 1080 GPU card.

I was thinking I need a primary core with more grunt and was wondering IF an i9 is going to be that significant (especially because of the Oculus VR).

Technically speaking my spec doesn't meet the Oculus (single core) requirement and I do suffer with some stutters in AFS2. P3Dv4 = awful really and NO comparison to AFS2. Other "games" in VR = excellent even with this slightly below par cpu.

What I didn't want to do was upgrade too far up the scale on an i9 for AFS2 if the benefits are not realistically worth it now or will be realised by future plans of yours?

Thanks again.

BG2518-Bob