Lionheart Aircraft

• Lionheart Creations is having a big summer sale and as I look at all of his stuff and the prices, I can't help but be sad that he was not able to get his aircraft into Aerofly. http://www.lionheartcreations.com/summer_sale

I would have pretty much brought his entire lineup, and I hope both that the new SDK is more helpful for potential developers, and that Lionheart has not given up on Aerofly forever.

That would be such a shame!

Just imagine.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I've had good contact to him and tried to help him with the limited time I had but the progress wasn't very fast. He said he needed a break and might come back to the Aerofly development. Programming an aircraft for the Aerofly is quite different to the way it's done in MS-based flight simes like FSX. There you name a part "gear-left" or something like that and it magically does it's thing. In the Aerofly you have the freedome to do what ever you want but that adds a little bit of extra work for the standard items as well. I love being able to program the aircraft in such a way that it retracts the landing gear with the the radar altimeter output or the aileron input or what ever other logic circuit I might need.

I also hope he has not given up yet and will come back. With the upcoming update we might need to change a few things around before he can use his aircraft but nothing to serious. Just replacing some names.

Regards,

Jan

Regards,

Jan

• Heres hoping.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Bill featured my old bird (N6948K) in his Piper Pacer release. His models are always a delight in the sim.

Hey, that's interesting to know. It must be fun to fly your own aircraft in the sim.

Lionheart has provided some source material to IPACS for improving the SDK and the documentation. So there is still a chance to see his aircrafts once in aerofly. But this is not a short term process and strongly depends on the workload of IPACS and Lionheart's time management.

Rodeo