Having trouble with the new geoconvert tool; Please Read

• Why oh why does this need to be so difficult. As a developer i feel very stupid that i can't seem to get this working

at all. The converter seems to run and i get a green 'OK' , but no image files are to be found in the folders where

they should be.

Check in your TMC file for the geoconversion, that you have the option "create images that would require a mask" set to TRUE, as per the picture attached.

Good luck!.

Cheers, Ed

• Thanx for your reply Edward,

I found a problem in my TMC, but it was only the folder that was pointed to a sublevel ('./') instead of the upper level i had.

It's converting right now and i see files comming into my Images folder. I'm going to see what it gives when i copy these to

the aerofly folder.

exciting :)

• It worked !!

I found it strange that i didn't seem to have much data (4 files of 2mb) for a 4x4nm area. I guess that was ok.

The level of detail was rather dissapointing tho, i followed the steps as shown , i guess the server doesn't provide more detailed images.

I had to use the virtual earth net server, as the google server did not respond.

Does anyone has a working Google Server URL ?

Thanks allot !

• It is all very hobbyist and niche and doesn't bode well for the future of what I envisaged as a professional flight sim.

As an end user I'm happy to pay for professional scenery that has the ability for others to fly within the same environment with the same visuals.

I say this because a multi-user sim is where this has to end up if it ever is to viable long term. Otherwise it'll stay hobbyist.

• Hi,

i am very confused.

I have made with Tool the Ground scenerys.

But i have many tested...and then i am confused.

At first i have made a complete Ground texture for big aera... the mistake is the same after i have

made new tiles.

But in second stage my borders for testing not so big. A little aera.

And i wonder, after i have delete the old big Textures, and put in the little new one.....

The old is once again at Aeroflight!

The folders where i have the ttc Files installed was Documents/Scenery and Steam / Steammaps/common/aeroflightFS/Scemery,

from there have i delete all old ttc Files.

And there i have put in the new files.

But i have imendiatly the old and new textures at flight see....

And the wide view is not acceptable.... Take a look at Vid at youtube.

I dont why it is.

Old was big Ground, New was only the Airport EDDK.

Regards

at youtu.be

under

/fmTGxxoWzfc

Edited once, last by uli057 (February 9, 2018 at 4:52 PM).

• Sorry,

but I must clearly say:

I don't like youtube videos called aerofly mistake where it is definitely a user problem.

Many people may see this and get a wrong impression: aerofly is faulty!

Do not touch the steam folders!!!

This is not your playground, you have the \documents folders.

What I see from your video:

The large aerofly is the default ground and a small area of high res user ground.

This user ground pops up, when getting close to it. So I assume you did not set the mask parameter to true.

Please note: The mask parameter exists not only in the TMC header, but also in each TMC level definition.

If there is only default ground texture we have to run Geoconvert through all suggested levels, i.e. 9, 11-14. (for high res images).

Rodeo

• Would it be useful to post a new tutorial video that distills all that we have learned about using, and misusing, the program? Including the best ways to use the Helper, and what settings one should use? The one I learned from must be six months old.

I know this can be found in the written tutorials, but as I have gotten older I find that I have become more of a "visual learner". I suspect some others are in similar situations. ;)

• Hi,

I have rebuilt the Text in Youtube Video !

In the text i write that i search my Problem....not a Problem from Aeroflight!;)

And i have not listed the Link at my Question here...the Chat System has this made automaticly.

Sorry.

I have this correted.;)

At FSET have only set the parameter set to 9 to 14 and create mask.

A question about true have i not see.

Or mean you for true at TMC File?

next Convert set i to False, OK?

Sorry, i have rewrite a other User TMC File for my Area, and that only for Lat/Lon...

Ok, the documents Folder is at my SSD Drive !

but the Scenery folder for "documents" exist at Drive "D"!

There i have put in the new Ground Textures....

But when i have it only put it at Drive "D".... and nothing in Steam/ x /X Folder comes no new texture!

i must put it in twice, in Scenery Folder from Drive "D" and in Steam / AeroflightFS / Scenery Folder

Then run the new Ground texture and is visible.

At this moment i hope that i find the Problem.

I found my textures ...why ever... in the world Folder.

I have deleted, and now i see at wide distance the new "Quadrant" Textures.

I make all new and clear all old files.

Let me see...i working ...!!!

I come back and write my experience ..

Sorry, but i must completly in order orient at my brain...;(

Regards

ULI

thx thx thx:thumbup:

• Hi oldar,

Yes it is true... some Tutorials are a little older, and something also contradicts.

One must search his teacher certainly for himself already out.

Then I and probably also others run danger not to look any more by.

I also know to write this a Tutorial, whether now to video or text always a lot of time in claim beraeve. This time everybody does not have, and not everybody also does not have to correct the time again and again the same mistakes of us.

We have in our company "To Do lists" in there we look skill. Effect, cause and mistake repair. Such a list is, I think faster written and provided.

Maybe such a thing helps?

Regards

• Hi Uli,

your pc configuration is similar to my own one:

Win10 at ssd, documents at hd d:

This is a video in German how you can move your documents folder to another drive:

https://praxistipps.chip.de/windows-10-eig…-so-gehts_43587

Another option is to add a user defined folder to your main.mcf:

user defined custom folder

This is the entry in the TMC file. It is repeated at every level:

[write_images_with_mask][true]

Hope you come to a satisfactory solution.

Rodeo

• Rodeo, may I ask why it is considered bad to put user created files in the \scenery sub-directory inside the steam folder? I was just wondering what the negative consequences might be other than having Steam delete them during an integrity check. I have seen this warning before, but I don't know what the risk is.

Just trying to understand what I can understand!

Thanks,

Bill

• Hi Rodeo,

i had reconfig the main.cf for a while...

I found the problems.

it is exactly to be kept importantly the co-ordinates.

if one has overlappings or one has a small gap between the areas, Sim is able to do this no more correct scuffle.

furthermore runs the whole box better if one "create Mask" activated.

Why this is, so does not disclose to me yet really.

The disadvantage, one blows up the Scenery folder quite a lot.

one must pay attention with insert a new generated ttc files, the announcement comes a little bit should be headlined,

the co-ordinates are wrong and one start must a new!

but which I must copy the files into both scenery folder, remains

if I do not make this, the new textures are not shown

but at ths moment it works.... and now i can see new ground after many miles.

wishes and thx for your help

ULI

• First,

congratulations to your progress!

Second, this doublication into both folders is still a mystery. Nobody else reported this before.

And since the steam folder is been controlled by steam and can be modified automatically by an integrity check, it is not a safe folder for user stuff.

Uli, go on with investigations. Did you succeed with the user defined folder in the main.mcf or with the win solution?

Regarding masks, this is my approach: Set masks true, but try to avoid them by setting the TMC boundaries to aerofly tiles boundary (GeoConvertHelper: snap).

This allows you to create adjacent areas seamlessly.

And the images_raw option gives you an overview what happens during conversion.

After Geoconvert finished and you have looked at the png files, you can delete this content.

Regards

Rodeo

• Hi.

The folder Scenery at Drive "D" have i reconfig before i began with geoconvert. This have i do only with Main.mcf

The Folder Documents at Win 10 is a Option, but i take a look for this later.

What Steam controlled is for me not important.

If I must install anew I still a protection of my own things...;)

i Learn more for future...also AC3D.... but later. First Ground....then Airprts.

Step for step.:thumbup::)

Greetings

• Hi all.

next confused.... or not.

when i compiled a big Map. 50NM to 50 nm.

Geoconvert tool works fine, but i see when i copy the new generated ttc files to the scenery folder there are the message that there was the same file.

example. " map13_8520_aa58.ttc"

the first was generated at 03.35 a Clock the new one was generated at 14.50 a clock.

Make geoconvert the files new when i cut and copy the maked files to another folder?

geoconvert works for this big area 3 days.....:S

Or what is this?:/

Regards

Uli

• You need to place each completed area that you do into its own folder. This will avoid having duplicates of files.

For example; run project to obtain tcc files, next make a folder and name it what you want, place the files from the project into the newly created folder, and place that folder with the project files in it into the documents\aerofly fs 2\scenery\images folder.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi,

this have i done so.

But when i copied the next generated files to the other folder...comes the message that there the same named files exist.

And i have controlled this.

i copied and let renamed the copied file with win. Then i see map13_8520_aa58.ttc and map13_8520_aa58 (2).ttc at the new folder,

and the files has same size.

Only diffrent day and and clock attributes.

Regards

ULI

• Nope, if you make one area A, it goes into a folder A.

If you make then an Area B, it goes into a folder B.

You may have files for the same tile in both A and B, but they're not equivalent.

The file in folder A contains photo for the A area and mask oustide.

The file in folder B contains photo for the B area and mask oustide.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Hi,

maybe a little bit unclearly.

Once again, I make an area in the size of 50 nm sometimes to 50 nm.

If we call it because of me area "A".

This area is generated for the single Layer 9-13 in the agreed folder.

So that, however, this folder runs not too much completely, I take occasionally provided ttc files in the Scenery folder.

After a while I take the anew provided files in the Scenery folder again. And now the announcement comes itself in the Scenery folder same ttc files consider already.

This assertion of the system is also true there I this has checked.

The countertest is: I left only the files for Layer 13 without making the folder occasionally empty, and funny manner the number same is like before with the copy announcement.

Is this Win 10 bugs, especially Win 10 means it would be written files?

Or is the message from Win 10 when i copied ....a wrong message that was not right there?

Regards

ULI