What am I doing wrong with geo convert tool

• Hi Dree,

Have besn playing with geoconvert and did not complete a succesfull scenery that I kept. Jusf practise. But, I will try Texel scenery today!

Problem is that FSET takes about 10 hours or more to do a 25×25 nm in resolution 0 or -1. I tried geoconvert but it crashed due to memory issues and I deletet the bmp files immediately......not so smart because I could have done the scenery in smaller parts I understand now. Zeeland seems cool also! I use aerofly in VR so I need high resolution scenery so I think I'll make -1 res scenery. These are huge files but geoconvert compresses it pretty well. Let me start up my pc now and I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Jozef

• Hi Josef,

I planned to do a bigger resolution, maybe for each island and only the airport hi resolution, I'm also in VR so I must see if that's enough.

I'm a sailor, now at see so I can't GeoConvert :(

Ik zie uit naar Texel screenshots!! :)

Groet Dree

• We each try the scenery generation with different ideas in mind. I find it simpler and faster to make large areas with 4 m per pixel resolution( which is OK at 2000 feet AGL or above ) and then make 2 nautical mile square or so high resolution areas around cities or airports. I did the entire state of Washington which is 200 nautical miles by 300 nautical miles that way . So FSET level three or four for lower resolution, TMC level 11 or 12, then FSET level 0 or -1 with TMC level 13. Actual airports are done as a 3D model with AC3D with a -1 FSET image as the base. The runway is a separate object as well as buildings and static airplanes and maybe trees

• We each try the scenery generation with different ideas in mind. I find it simpler and faster to make large areas with 4 m per pixel resolution( which is OK at 2000 feet AGL or above ) and then make 2 nautical mile square or so high resolution areas around cities or airports. I did the entire state of Washington which is 200 nautical miles by 300 nautical miles that way . So FSET level three or four for lower resolution, TMC level 11 or 12, then FSET level 0 or -1 with TMC level 13. Actual airports are done as a 3D model with AC3D with a -1 FSET image as the base. The runway is a separate object as well as buildings and static airplanes and maybe trees

How are you combining tilesets made in different runs of geoconvert? I always get a stupid low resolution border between tiles created in a different geo convert session

• Hi,

custom imagery has priority over default scenery, so you don't have to overwrite base imagery.

Having an area of low resolution at the border of custom sceneries is something different, and will be worked on.

Rodeo

• Hi All

Could someone check this tmc file for me please?

This is my second day trying to generate an area. yesterday I followed the example had all the files in the correct places but could not get the tmc file to run. This morning I deleted everything and started again from scratch using an area in the UK, all files generated and in the correct folders inf file converted to tfw but still I am stuck at the tmc file.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Mick

<[file][]

<[tmcolormap_regions][][]

<[bool] [write_ttc_files][true]>

<[string8][folder_destination_ttc][./scenery/images/]>

<[bool] [always_overwrite][true]>

<[list][region_list][]

<[tmcolormap_region][element][0]

<[uint32] [level] [9]>

<[vector2_float64] [lonlat_min] [0.21 53.11]>

<[vector2_float64] [lonlat_max] [0.28 53.08]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [11]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [12]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [13]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [14]>

>

>

>

>

• Mick,

your coordinate setup looks correctly, assuming it's a small location Wainfleet in England.

What I noticed is the very first line, my versions have more parentheses:

<[file][][]

Can you describe the error you encounter?

Rodeo

• Thanks for looking Rodeo.

Added parentheses, no difference.

It is a small location , done as a test file. It is in fact Coningsby England.

From the tm log: 0.95-elevation: loading configuration file 'config-region-coningsby.tmc'= ERROR: (error loading 'config-region-coningsby.tmc')

This is from the TFW file:

Mick

Edited once, last by mickatmian: Added parentheses (July 24, 2017 at 4:04 PM).

• Mick,

some more suggestions.

For the case the TMC has an error:

I attached a TMC with your coordinates, just rename the PDF to TMC.

If it still fails, add up to 6 decimal places to your coordinates in the TMC and try it again.

Hope this helps

Rodeo

config-region-coningsby.pdf

• Rodeo

Not sure what you did as it looks no different but it ran ok. I would be grateful if you can explain.

The problem now is where is the file it generated? Not in the aerofly_fs_2_geoconvert/scenery/images or in Documents folder Aerofly FS 2/scenery/images. Any idea.

Thanks Mick

• I just took the original TMC file delivered with the geoconvert tool and added your coordinates.

Probably we have overseen some character in your TMC.

But no files generated? That's bad.

Do you have to chance to provide the imput files?

Rodeo

• just took the original TMC file delivered with the geoconvert tool and added your coordinates.

Probably we have overseen some character in your TMC.

I had already done that at least 3 times, maybe I was saving in the wrong format .

If it still fails, add up to 6 decimal places to your coordinates in the TMC and try it again.

Did that and it generated the files! which would seem to go against advice earlier in the thread.

Must say the the guide/tutorial could use a little fine tuning, however, all's well that ends well and I thank you very much for taking the time to help.

Mick

Forgot to say Great sim. Spoilt for choice now.

• Ok,

glad you succeeded. Next task for you is to publish a screenshot! :)

Well, the decimal places may vary from large scenery files to rather small areas as yours.
    We gain experience by users feedback and will improve the tutorial step by step.

Enjoy aerofly.

Rodeo

Code
    crea un escenario de un área grande pero las texturas no se cargan completamente si no se cargan cuando el avión pasa y cuando el avión pasa las texturas desaparecen y en la distancia no puedes ver las nuevas texturas usa el geoconvertidor de ayuda en el nivel 13 y el feset en la resolución 2

Code
    make a scenario of a large area but the textures do not load completely if they do not load when the plane passes and when the plane passes the textures disappear and in the distance you can not see the new textures use the helper geoconverter at level 13 and the feset in resolution 2
  • Hi orciva2018,

did you create only level13? Then it will only pop up when you are close to that tile and disappear soon again.

You have to run at least levels 9, 11-13 to avoid this effect.

Rodeo

Mr Rodeo sir, I have a question. Even if you are only doing "fly over" scenery, downloaded at level 3 from FSET, do you still make tiles in Geoconvert up to level 13? I normally do levels 9-11 at that resolution. Should I do 12 and 13 as well to avoid any problems like pop-up?