Problems Creating your TMC file for Geoconvert? Try This.

• If you're having trouble creating the TMC file with the right co-ordinates, or finding that after your geoconvert run you have no scenery files, try this. It takes the co-ordinate data directly from FSET and makes a TMC file from it.

http://ndgrad.co.uk/fs2/fset2tmc/

It's had a few updates and improvements since my weekend post. Thanks to everyone who's helped me debug the earlier problems with this.

Also, if you're interested, here's a zip file of FSET pre-configured with the latest INI file and all the checkbox settings which the wiki recommends for generating output for FS2.

http://ndgrad.co.uk/fs2/fset4fs2.zip

• I sent a PM to your wall but I wanted others to see this question. I tried your website with the convert and like it but I'm finding that when I try to use this approach, my AIC file is missing a minus sign for the second parameter on the degrees per pixel line at least for a couple areas in the northern hemisphere that I tried. Without that minus sign the image is upside down and goes from the north west corner more northward instead of southward

• whitav8 - Yes I've concluded the same. I've removed the convert option now from my page. If IPACS do tweak the built in info2tfw conversion so it works without running the extra converter exe, then they can probably make it do that without file renaming as well.

I still use my webpage every time I want to make the TMC file to save me the trouble of doing the degrees to decimal conversion manually - and remembering to put them the right way round. If there's any problem with that side of it (or I've misunderstood your comment), please let me know.

• I sent a PM to your wall but I wanted others to see this question. I tried your website with the convert and like it but I'm finding that when I try to use this approach, my AIC file is missing a minus sign for the second parameter on the degrees per pixel line at least for a couple areas in the northern hemisphere that I tried. Without that minus sign the image is upside down and goes from the north west corner more northward instead of southward

I noticed this also with some manually-built Inf files, when Geoconvert tool tries to build AIC files (I'm computing my own coordinates with a simple MS Excel sheet, as I ever did in the past).

There's a boolean in AIC to revert your image upside down, but still placement may not fit. The negative sign will appear neither in the TFW , nor in the AIC file after auto INF file extraction. But this sign could definitely explain why I sometimes need to set the revert boolean to true to prevent the photo from being converted upside down...

What I didn't try yet is removing both the INF and AIC files and manually aditing the TFW file, this should technically work...

I still haven't figured out why in hell the y pixel size had to be negative for the GeoConvert tool...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Hi Antoine,

without the negative y geoconvert will place your image from the nw corner to the north east instead of south east.

Rodeo

Thanks Rodeo for that reply, I'm not sure to understand - NW corner to NE corner is a parallel.

It means it would transform a, say, square photo into a line ?

In my testings, it isn't the case. Some photos are getting mirrored upside down - I can get it reverted with the boolean in the AIC file, but in some cases I could notice scenery placement was eventually wrong, the whole scenery being shifted upwards.

This need for a negative y pixel size and mirror boolean are quite strange to me, I'm not quite sure what's the technical ground behind (there's always a reason, IPACS wouldn't do it just for fun making things complicated, but the reason is not obvious)...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.