Geoconvert crashes when trying to run it from the full command path?

• For instance, put geoconvert into c:\test.

Load up the command line and starting at c:\

type in c:\test\aerofly_fs_2_geoconvert.exe test.tmc

App starts up and crashes.. i've tried this on several drives now..

Nevermind I figured out a way around it in python.. but it is kind of odd no?

Edited 2 times, last by Sycosys (July 19, 2017 at 5:21 AM).

• Official Post

When running from command line it will always run from the root folder, just type 'cd test' and you will be in the correct folder to run the command.

I'm not too sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• When running from command line it will always run from the root folder, just type 'cd test' and you will be in the correct folder to run the command.

I'm not too sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

ill delete this post but i am automating the production of everything from downloading jp2 from the usgs to publishing them in your scenery folder... almost done too.. been hacking at it agressively for the last few days.

• Official Post

ill delete this post but i am automating the production of everything from downloading jp2 from the usgs to publishing them in your scenery folder... almost done too.. been hacking at it agressively for the last few days.

Once you get it stable and as an exe or batch send me a copy and we can test it, then possibly offer it as a distribution package for everyone to download.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• it would be great if the geoconvert tool would close itself when finished.. right now im having to run a timer.. or been kicking around the idea of watching the cpu usage and when it drops out waiting a few seconds and closing the process.. it would be easier if the tool just closed itself.

• Official Post

It might confuse some users if it just closes when it stops running as the tool gives users notification that the job is completed. Some are seeing that when the tool crashes it also closes, that's why you have to press escape to close it manually.

Let me see if there is something else that can be done to change this, then close the tool when is finishes.

Are you going to try to automate for users of FSET as well?

Regards,

Jeff

• It might confuse some users if it just closes when it stops running as the tool gives users notification that the job is completed. Some are seeing that when the tool crashes it also closes, that's why you have to press escape to close it manually.

Let me see if there is something else that can be done to change this, then close the tool when is finishes.

Are you going to try to automate for users of FSET as well?

Thanks for taking a look. Maybe if there were some commandline argument that could be used to flag it to auto close?

Once i have this usgs system working ill take a look at fset. I havent really looked at how it does things yet.

• Hi,

I started to play with geoconvert and geoconvert helper.

My PC freezes often during the job of geoconvert after several minutes (30 min). Screen,mouse and keyboard are frozen.

Only a hard reset is possible.

Job was two snapped tiles (aerofly z9) with (z0 source tile from FSET).

Is it my hardware (bad fan on CPU), or the software (nvidia driver, windows, geoconvert) the responsable?

Asus Z97-A

Core i7 4790K

GTX980 TI 6GO Liquid Cooled

8 GO DDR3 PC3-12800 (800MHz)

PS : Sometime PC reboots itself instead of freezing during the process

Thanks in advance,

JPX

Edited 2 times, last by jpx (July 17, 2018 at 12:04 AM).