Mission and timing systems?

• So I broke down and bought a Rift with the pricedrop, and after being rather underwhelmed with P3Dv4's VR performance gave AF2 a try. Let me tell you, this is one of the most compelling experiences I've had outside of a real airplane.

Being one of those modern instant gratification achievement junkies however, I couldn't help wanting a little more. Here I am in a Extra 300 doing a loop around the Europa Bridge, whipsawing down the Sill River canyon, and trying to make it under the other bridges... and thinking "man this could be a game in its own right".

So I'm wondering how difficult it would be to expand the tutorial mission system to acrobatic/air racing courses? In particular is there a timing system that could be leveraged to track how fast someone went through waypoints on a given course? Also, how much development effort was building the training missions with waypoints etc - was it done as a one off thing, or have you guys already built a tool for placing waypoints and structuring the mission steps and audio?

If it wouldn't require a massive development effort, I'd think a "racing" DLC would be a really first rate marketing endeavor on top of being a ton of fun. Take some of the existing terrain, add waypoints in neat places like under bridges and between buildings, and time/record how long it takes for the various different airplanes. Doesn't have to be anything complicated, just a way to measure performance over a given course without trying to click a stopwatch in your lap!

• Hi Perk,

welcome at aerofly FS 2!

There is no real mission system with timing installed right now, but I hope to see this in the future.

Nethertheless you may start already with a user's race course, done by Dave:

aerofly.com/community/filebase/index.php?file/53/

Rodeo

• There is a well known racing car game/sim that records exactly this, car, length of race, name of track and weather. It is kept as a ladder with the top 100 (from memory) being recorded. At first, the cheats and goons found a way of doctoring their time but it wasn't long before the dev's found a way of sorting those type out. It really adds another side and is excellent fun.

The dev's did in fact, add another ladder where you could record your times against a friend.

Yes. a great idea for the future I would think.

Taranakian.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• ... just to mention it... the Aerofly FS 1 did have a functioning timing system for races like these. We (users) even created an air race course and it was actually very difficult to fly but working! So the bases of such timing systems are there, as far as I know the code for that wasn't very nice though, that's why it had to go for the initial Aerofly FS 2. I hope we may see such features in the future again.

Regards,

Jan