Error message inf2convert NO INF FILES

• Heya guys am just a bit stuck at this point Ive tried putting files into the inf2convert tool but it comes up error no inf files, wwhat am I doing wrong? Ive downloaded the area of my hometown Paraparaumu which is probably around 5 square kms so not too big, and am wondering if this is what I should be seeing in my directory? Which one of these files goes into the inf2convert tool?

• OK first, I assume that you are using FSET as the image capturing tool?

FSET produces image files, INF files, thumbnails, and information text files. Take only the image and INF files and place them into the input_aerial_images folder of geoconvert. The run the inf2tfw application and point it to the folder with your image and INF files, the result will be addition of the TFW files.

Next you set up your TMC file and place it into the root geoconvert folder.

Then follow the tutorial to run the geoconvert tool using either command line or by making a batch file to run it.

Once the tool completed the job you will see the files in the scenery\images folder of geoconvert. Make any folder name you want and place those files into it and that will go into '\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\images' folder.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Ok thanx Jeff and yes I am using FSET, I wanna have a good bash at this, there's a saying, "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask", but gee, I dunno bout that lol. Is the Image file a BMP file? I have two BMP files, one is a Thumbnail so I guess that one is excluded? :) Ill get there in the end haha

Edited 3 times, last by Buzzard2008 (July 21, 2017 at 2:09 AM).

• Official Post

The image files that come out of FSET are BMP. Yes, get rid of the thumbnail you don't need that one.

So, your project has only one image file?

Make sure to check out the tutorials on the Wiki if you haven't yet Follow the steps and you should have a good outcome.

Keep us posted on your progress or if you have any other issues.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• It seems I dont have any INF files, it just keeps coming up ERROR NO INF Files, no matter which files I put in, Im lost :) Ive gone and deleted everything including FSET so I'm just gonna start from scratch again but for what I did download I didnt think there were enough files anyway, it says in the tutorial that It would produce 6 BMP files, I only had two :)

• Official Post

It seems I dont have any INF files, it just keeps coming up ERROR NO INF Files, no matter which files I put in, Im lost :) Ive gone and deleted everything including FSET so I'm just gonna start from scratch again but for what I did download I didnt think there were enough files anyway, it says in the tutorial that It would produce 6 BMP files, I only had two :)

The amount of files you have depends on the size of the area you select in FSET. There were six in the demo for the tutorial; you will have more or less in your project.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

Cheers for the help Jeff will keep ya posted, hopefully my next post is in the screenshot area lol, thanks man :)

Looking forward to seeing some screenshots of your work :)

Regards,

Jeff

• Heya Jeff, Man this doesnt look so easy. I have successfully created the TFW file but am now stuck on Creating/Editing my TMC file. More the "Create" bit. In the tutorial it talks of converting the co-ordinates to decimals, The example shows the use of FSET to do this but since I selected my area I have closed FSET so how do I get the exact same area that I selected? and once I have got this information and converted to decimals where do I put this information? I dont have a TMC file which is why I'm stuck on "creating" one. I'm miss understanding the tutorial, I'm not very good at following written instructions, I'm a visual person and look forward to maybe a step by step video tutorial on how to do this in the future ?? :)

Andy