Dynamically loading scenery

• What is the feasibility of dynamically loading the imagery in the future, like google earth does?

As 100mb and even 1000mb internet connections become more common bandwidth isn't really a concern.

Obviously there's some CPU required for processing images

I would actually expect the biggest road-block to be in the form of whatever EULA the FSET/USGS site has on how applications can interface with their website.

The rich-man solution would be to just download all the data and store it in your own AWS account.

• Official Post

This has been discussed 100 times in this forum already. Unfortunately something like this is not in the foreseeable future of Aerofly. In fact, it may take some years just to get the masses up to speed with, well, internet speed. Until 1Gbps becomes the norm for the majority of the customer base then it's not really worth putting a lot of effort into it.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Aside from the technical requirements, do you know if either site restricts the use of the tiles for 3rd party applications? I really don't think the technical hurdles are that big of a challenge. It's just scripting/batch processing.

• Try living in Australia, the struggle for stable decently-fast speed internet is real. 100mb internet is still a dream here. I by far would much rather just buy more physical space for flight sim scenery.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

Edited once, last by Asheroo (July 22, 2017 at 7:51 AM).