• Can anyone please explain to me why I am getting duplicate files.

I have followed the correct process and I have 48 BMP files and 48 matching TFW files - NONE of these are duplicates.

As an example I place 3 BMP with their matching TFW files in the input_aerial_images - then I run the config-sample-only batch file (all setting are correct)

When this has run I copy the files from the scenery/images folder contents to the \Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\images

I then run Aerofly FS2 and the scenery is there, it's great.

Where I have a problem is I downloaded a rather large area and I need to run 1 BMP with its matching TFW file at a time due to the size (level 14)

I go through the normal process and run 1 BMP file and it's matching TFW, I copy the scenery/images folder contents to the \Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\images

I then run the second BMP file and its matching TFW, I copy the scenery/images folder contents to the \Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\images and it tells me there are duplicates. This has me confused as the data in each TFW file is different....... where am I going wrong?

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Hi,

aerofly FS 2 has an inbuilt tile system. You can see the naming consists of the level and a code for the geopositioning.

If you run adjacent BMP and this touches an aerofly tile, geoconvert has to create this tile.

You can overwrite the duplicate files and delete the related mask files.

Rodeo

• Hi Rodeo,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is my issue.

I Downloaded a big area:

48 tiles in total.

I grabbed the NW and SE Lat / Long (clicked the C button).

Copy & pasted this into into: http://ndgrad.co.uk/fs2/fset2tmc/

I selected levels: 9,11,12,13,14 then converted.

Then I did a copy & paste of the results into: config-sample-only

<[file][][]

<[tmcolormap_regions][][Canberra]

<[bool] [write_ttc_files][true]>

<[string8][folder_destination_ttc][./scenery/images/]>

<[bool] [always_overwrite][true]>

<[list][region_list][]

<[tmcolormap_region][element][0]

<[uint32] [level] [9]>

<[vector2_float64] [lonlat_min] [148.98 -35.15]>

<[vector2_float64] [lonlat_max] [149.28 -35.50]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [11]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [12]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [13]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [14]>

>

>

>

>

I then ran inf2tfwConverter - and in the end I had 48 BMP files and 48 TFW files.

I then ran config-sample-only.bat and GeoConvert crashed after a while (only have 16gb of RAM)

So I decided to run with 1 BMP file and it's TFW file at a time.

I then copy the scenery/image output and paste this into \Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\images.

When I run through this process with the second BMP file and it's TFW and paste it into \Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\images - it tells me this is a duplicate.

If I say yes and over ride it the first tile is not in Aerofly FS2 and the second one is.

What is the best way to run these individualy, I have 48 BMP and 48 TFW files: (not all shown here)

Thanks in advance for your assistance :)

Cheers,

Paul

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Hi,

just suggestions:

Make 2 TMC with straight coordinates directly adjacent to each other.

This means only 24 BMP per geoconversion.

You may get a few duplicates along the boundary.

As I said before, delete the duplicates and the ...mask files with the same name.

You can also try to run the levels separately, at least higher levels above 11.

Rodeo

• Hi Rodeo,

I have tried all that and then thought, why not create a folder for each tile in \Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\images

cb1,cb2,cb3,cb4 and that works except I have a black line between each tile and a massive black area surrounding the tiles.

I am having fun trying all these things but it's getting frustrating :(

Thanks for your help :)

Handy cultivation tools