Hmmm. I get an AP Fail in the Learjet 45 with the new AP update.

• Hi Jan

I am sure that something went wrong with the steam update, the idea of corrupted files. Today when I opened steam it took quite a while (I guess it updated again). My following tests were all successful, no ap problems anymore.

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for your time. Aerofly FS2 is a wonderful product. I would love to see my 13 GoFlight products working one day.

Regards from Switzerland,

Thomas

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Hello Jan,

I think it is important that absolutely nothing has changed in my setup between the day before this upgrade and today. What worked on Tuesday worked on Wednesday, except those items affected by this update. The LJ45 is the only plane I have flown. I installed the Q400 but haven't learned to fly it yet.

I use a full complement of Saitek panels, triple monitors, Saitek Pro pedals and flight stick. None of which is mapped to the AP.

Regards,

Ray

The check for corrupt files did not turn up the culprit. I deleted the LJ45 folder and performed a new download. Maybe this will fix the AP for me. I will test it later tonight. Still downloading scenery.

Regards,

Ray

• Official Post

Hi Jan

I am sure that something went wrong with the steam update, the idea of corrupted files. Today when I opened steam it took quite a while (I guess it updated again). My following tests were all successful, no ap problems anymore.

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for your time. Aerofly FS2 is a wonderful product. I would love to see my 13 GoFlight products working one day.

Regards from Switzerland,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

thank you for keeping me updated. That sounds promising.

And Ray, man what are you downloading? Is your connection slow or do you try to geoconvert the entire planet? :)

• Hi Thomas,

thank you for keeping me updated. That sounds promising.

And Ray, man what are you downloading? Is your connection slow or do you try to geoconvert the entire planet? :)

Jan,

Yes I have the fastest internet connection possible, but I am in the woods of Mississippi. Fiber Optic is at least 2 counties away and moving very slowly this way.

I am preparing new scenery and many added airports - most of the SE USA for my AF2 use. Starting with MS and spreading out to TN, AL, GA, FL, LA East TX, and AR so far. All semi-large cites are getting the special super HD treatment. I have a lot of lakes, islands and coast line needing a lot of water blending. It takes time to add airports with each runway, etc.

I did the corrupt files check - all good files - then I deleted the LJ45 folder and re-downloaded the update, and I still do not have a correctly working AP in the Lear - occasional green light on AP, off most of the time, green on NAV most of the time, whether selected or not. duh. Will dig a little deeper today.

If I did not have a backup, did I lose all my 'Lights off' settings and user added 'camera views'? Looks like the upgrades overwrites any user modified files. I was using a lot of lights off, several look down views from different heights, outside views taking priority, etc.

Regards,

Ray

Regards,

• Official Post

Steam doesn't check if you edited the files manually. This is why there is a user-folder in the Aerofly that is untouchable by Steam.

In the Aerofly RC series we had the option to create modifications of the aircraft and store them inside this user folder as well. Currently there is no in game option to switch between modifications of the same aircraft so all you can do is copy paste the Learjet folder to the user directory and have your personal setups there.

I'm afraid if you didn't backup the files prior to the update they're probably gone. With the changes of this update you wouldn't be able to directly use your files anyway, but you could have copied over the cameras at least to restore them.

These game folders are "hot" and subject to change. Never assume your manual modifications are safe there. I'm sorry if you lost your files this way and really hope you have some backup hidden somewhere.