Hmmm. I get an AP Fail in the Learjet 45 with the new AP update.

• Official Post

I'm going to need more info than that. I just tested it in the public steam version and it works fine.

The autopilot cannot be engaged above 45 deg bank or at pitch angles above 30 or below -15 or so degrees.

The autopilot will disconnect in low speed or overspeed. Don't forget the LJ45 doesn't have an autothrottle system so you need to manage the speed yourself.

Do you maybe have the autopilot master and autopilot disconnect assigned to the same key or button?

• Jeff and Jan,

I know how a Learjet 45 is suppose to fly and respond to engaging the AP. The public release might work, but the beta that I downloaded earlier today has problems engaging. Yes, I know the limitations of the AP.

Flying straight ahead climb 10 degree. 99 % thrust, airspeed 250 kts, 5, 000 feet agl. AP wil not engage. ANNUN says "AP fail". Also will not engage a flight plan using the C/P with On and Route showing green. Just ignores the green flight path.

Regards,

Ray

• Official Post

Now that is very strange, haven't heard that issue before.

How exactly are you trying to engage the autopilot. Do you use an assigned key or button or do you manually click the autopilot master in the cockpit with your mouse. What modes are indicated at the top of the PFD, maybe post a screenshot of that here, that would help me.

Jetjockey10 : sorry I forgot you already have a bit of experience there :)

• Official Post

How, what why? I'm very confused right now since in all my testing I never has such an issue and there simply isn't a reason why just the LJ45 and B737 should not work.... (And can somebody please answer my question above?)

Where are you flying? What kind of devices do you have connected (e.g. analog pitch trim?), do you use any external panels, e.g. some autopilot-panel?

How are you taking off or getting into the flight situation (use the location dialog to set position on runway or mid flight?)?

I tested it again, public beta channel, lj45 and b737 both work absolutely fine. With F/D on or off, in air, normal flight attitude and speed.

It does not work with the Copilot overlay, that I can confirm. The overlay needs updating and a known issue right now.

• Clicking with the mouse. AP Lever quickly moves up but immediately goes down again. Only autothrottle works.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• I restarted the pc and it is better now, at least I can engage the autopilot and the plane follows the flightplan (LNAV).

I am not sure whether the update was done properly. I only downloaded the q400 actively but not any update. I am new to steam. Is the update done automatically? How can I see whether i have the latest version installed? It says in 'about': version 2.0.1 EA4.66 (20170726).

Thomas

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Now that is very strange, haven't heard that issue before.

How exactly are you trying to engage the autopilot. Do you use an assigned key or button or do you manually click the autopilot master in the cockpit with your mouse. What modes are indicated at the top of the PFD, maybe post a screenshot of that here, that would help me.

Jetjockey10 : sorry I forgot you already have a bit of experience there :)

Hello Jan,

In the Lear, I am using a mouse to click on the AP button to engage in the VC mode, mouse Click on NAV to attempt to engage, I do not get the expect green light on the AP but I do get a green light on HDG and NAV. ASEL works fine, VS works fine. Will not capture ALT when ALT in pressed with a mouse click.

Regards,

Ray

Will snap some panel screenshots later. I am downloading scenery right now.

• I can also confirm after retesting the public beta release that the auto-pilot is working properly with no issues in the lj45 and 737.

This has to be an isolated issue, maybe with what peripherals you are using?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hello Jan,

In the Lear, I am using a mouse to click on the AP button to engage in the VC mode, mouse Click on NAV to attempt to engage, I do not get the expect green light on the AP but I do get a green light on HDG and NAV. ASEL works fine, VS works fine. Will not capture ALT when ALT in pressed with a mouse click.

Regards,

Ray

Will snap some panel screenshots later. I am downloading scenery right now.

Thanks. I'm sorry but I still don't quite get in which order you press which buttons and what the autopilot does or does not do. It sounds like you can engage the autopilot in V/S mode or do you want to engage it like that? When the flight mode anunciator is blank and you press "HDG" and then "VS" does it change to "HDG" and "VS" on your PFD? What happens when you click "AP" on the autopilot panel with your mouse? Does the AP disconnect immediatly, are the current modes maintained or do the modes change?

Where are you testing this? West coast, east coast, Switzerland, North Pole?

The ALT key, to my knowledge (I think I read it in the crew operating manual) does an ALT HOLD function. You press "ALT" to command an instant level off, maintain the altitude at the time the button was pressed.

• Jan,

Flying in the USA, Southeast. MS and AL.

If no AP buttons have been pressed. All indicator lights are Off.

If I press the AP button in the VC with a mouse click, the AP does not engage. No green light as expected. If I have an active flight plan and press AP then NAV, it does not attempt to fly the flight plan. If I am climbing and I wish to level off at a given altitude and I press ALT, the plane does not level off and hold that altitude as it should.

Kinda like the AP is not working properly.

Regards,

Ray

• I did some more tests with the 737. Believe me there is something wrong with the autopilot. I started in the early nineties with flight simulation on a amiga computer, then msfs 5 and so on. I have some experience with flight simulation. And I must say aerofly fs2 is absolutely marvelous, there must be some very talented and smart people behind this product. Now back to the autopilot in the 737: i started in lowi with a loaded flightplan to zurich. First problem was after a manual start to activate the ap, mouse nor letter 'a' worked. I could finally activate the ap by clicking ap b first and then ap a. Then everything ran quite smoothly for some time until i reached the cruising altitude of 21000 feet. Vs disconnected and alt became active (which is fine). However it did not stop at 21000, then it got wild, vs changed to 6000 (!) and the plane continued to ascend. The same time the plane left the green line direction of the flightplan. Lnav became inactive automatically. I disconnected the ap and continued flying manually. The ap did already before the update unexpected things. I had this problem with the vertical speed before.

Regards,

Thomas

Regards,

Thomas

• Nope, nothing out of the ordinary. I wrote a very detailed flight tutorial for this Aerofly FS2 Learjet that included just about everything that could be done with the systems in their previous state so I know how to engage the AP.

About the only thing I can think of to check is to see if I might have some corrupted files that came with this upgrade. I have had that happen before when using the Steam updater. Fortunately, there is a good check available.

I am tied up downloading scenery for the GeoConverter so I don't want to interfere with that system to troubleshoot the Lear AP problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. but, if is just a few of us, the corrupt files sounds like a good possibility.

Regards,

Ray

• Gentlemen.

My gosh, I've slipped up here. Where do I find the file to up-grade the AP?

Sorry abt this.

Jim.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Ray

How do you check whether you have corrupted files? Or whether the update has been done correctly. Is there a possibility to redo an update?

Thanks,

Thomas

Regards,

Thomas

• Official Post

but, if is just a few of us, the corrupt files sounds like a good possibility.

Yeah, I really have not the slightest clue what is causing that. I mean you could try and delete (or move) the LJ45 folder as well as the b737 folder and then check integrity again to redownload them.

For debugging purposes: can you please answer the other questions as well? E.g. peripherals in use... Thanks

• Thank you again Jan. I apologise for not adding that I had SE. No excuse I'm afraid.

Regards,

Jim.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Yeah, I really have not the slightest clue what is causing that. I mean you could try and delete (or move) the LJ45 folder as well as the b737 folder and then check integrity again to redownload them.

For debugging purposes: can you please answer the other questions as well? E.g. peripherals in use..

Hello Jan,

I think it is important that absolutely nothing has changed in my setup between the day before this upgrade and today. What worked on Tuesday worked on Wednesday, except those items affected by this update. The LJ45 is the only plane I have flown. I installed the Q400 but haven't learned to fly it yet.

I use a full complement of Saitek panels, triple monitors, Saitek Pro pedals and flight stick. None of which is mapped to the AP.

Regards,

Ray