A Meg's update comming soon!!!!

• From the words of the ORBX CEO (JV)

"""""

There will also be a patch coming for KCGX Meigs Field which adds 500,000 houses and trees to the greater Chicago area, all controllable via the sim density sliders. This is proof of concept tech for future Orbx cityscapes and regions for AFS2."""""

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• They have released an update for Meigs and Innsbruck because of the shimmering buildings.

I don't have this problem at Meigs anymore. The update is available via FTX Central.

So far I didn't hear about a release date for the big update with all the buildings.

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

SIMs: Aerofly FS2+FS4, FSXSE, P3D4.5, Xplane 10/11/12, MSFS

• Are we / will we be able to migrate our existing ORBX scenery over to FS2 at any stage?

We can't speak directly for ORBX but they did mention further projects will be announced for Aerofly FS2. I would assume that they will be made specific though. At this time none of their products are able to be migrated into Aerofly.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Are we / will we be able to migrate our existing ORBX scenery over to FS2 at any stage?

They have plans to migrate some of their scenery to Aerofly FS2, I don't know which one.

But this is of course what they did with KCGX and LOWI.

And they talk about Aerofly FS2 as a new platform for Orbx products. This can be found on the website.

And than, if you already own these products for FSX or P3d, you can buy it again for Aerofly with a 40 % discount.

They call this a "cross-platform discount". For me it's ok.

So I've already announced at Orbx that I am interested in buying all my California Orbx HD airports

for Aerofly FS2 again. I think these sceneries on top of the stock photoscenery would be great.

So far I didn't hear anything regarding this.

Happy flying

Andreas

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

• I think that at full price on steam, for the newcomer, it may look a bit steep for a single airport. So the question is, did ORBX sell enough of LOWI & Meg's... ?

For the hardcore simmer ORBX normal price is.... normal. Some pay 100+ for some aircraft addon.

JV, the CEO of ORBX also mention that their PNW region scenery would make sense but nothing more.

The only statement on ORBX forum lately is the one I have posted up here.

I'm very active on their forum so I will try to keep you up to date.

We have to be extremely patient with them, they are now working on all their airport to be ported to P3D V4

I also have posted the ultimate question this morning over there: Is there something next for AF2?

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• This was posted by JV of Orbx recently:

Posted July 24 · Report post

There will also be a patch coming for KCGX Meigs Field which adds 500,000 houses and trees to the greater Chicago area, all controllable via the sim density sliders. This is proof of concept tech for future Orbx cityscapes and regions for AFS2.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• It always requires courage to ask them that sort of question. They get cranky when asked about the future. I look forward to how they answer you!

"They get cranky" sounds very well. :S

I think one of the biggest problems of such a big addon supplier is that every single day a lot of people want them

to create something they don't have yet.

Nevertheless I am very sure that Orbx will create their own stile to cover larger areas with great scenery in Aerofly FS2.

And they will migrate more of the existing sceneries. If they can migrate LOWI they can also migrate KPSP or KAVX.

But this all will take some time. Or some more.

Andreas