• I hate to complain but since the new update the air brakes do not seem to be working on any aircraft. Or am I doing something wrong?

I do realize that new updates sometimes take a bit of sorting out.

Thanks,

Tom Wunder

Thank you & Best regards,

Tom Wunder

• Please explain further: do they stay out and don't retract? Assign a button for retraction

Do you have an analog axis as input for speedbrakes?

I just checked the A320: speedbrake worked fine there.

I've just rechecked most of the aircraft... well... the ones with air brakes anyway. The Q400 comes up with the air brakes extended. They do seem to go down when in flight although I'm not quite sure if you could get into the air with them extended in real life? All others I can't extend them at all. I saw the post by the guy who says it works when assigned to a slider... I might give that a try once the update is cleaned up a bit. The number of other problems reported seems to be growing so I expect we will be seeing a updated update before long. (At least I hope so.)

Last night the added C172 with the shut down capability and opening doors & windows was all weird and unusable but the Robin worked fine. Today both are dimmed in the aircraft selection screen and they have a message across them something to the effect of "Incomplete Aircraft". Sure I know... they be free add ons and not worthy of immediate repair. But they represent what is and/or will be possible as AFS2 matures so hopefully they will eventually get some attention.

Please understand I am not freaking out or even angry... just concerned about the continued growth of this simulator. I have been flying home computer sims since 1980 and at this point I've quit using FSX and P3D and I'm putting all my hopes into AFS2 and FSW... and to a lesser extent XP11. I intend to use all 3 into the future.

I'm happy that you guys are continuing to develop and improve this sim but in my opinion this update needs some updating. ;)

Any way I'll quit bugging you and stand by for some fixes.

Thanks for listening to me and all the others who are having problems.

Best regards,

Tom Wunder

Thank you & Best regards,

Tom Wunder

• Official Post

Hi Tom,

a small update was pushed out today that a small fix to the airbrake function assignment was made (it might be necessary for users to reassign the airbrake

in the controller settings). I'm not too sure if this relates to the problems that you are currently seeing. Also, the cold and dark mod made by Jan broke with this latest update but he is working on getting it fixed and back out to everyone soon. As for the DR400, the new tools were released as well in the downloads forder, you will need to delete the existing DR400 and Aircraft SDK and re-install everything with the new updated files.

I sure hope this all works for you :)

For updates to any identified bugs related to this release, you can be sure that they will be worked out. There was a ton of new functionality added with the latest update so of course there will be some bugs, even after extensive testing, but they will all be resolved over some time.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

I've just rechecked most of the aircraft... well... the ones with air brakes anyway. The Q400 comes up with the air brakes extended. They do seem to go down when in flight although I'm not quite sure if you could get into the air with them extended in real life?

The Q400 is a bit special, the spoilers are extended when you taxi out to the runway. When you advance the power for takeoff they should retract and one takeoff flow item is to check if they really did and abort if not.

The Spoilers can only extend on the ground in the Q400, for descent you actually don't need them. Just go to flight idle with 1020 RPM and you have enough drag.

• On the A320 (probably all airliners), I have to hit the speedbrake button 20 times to get full speedbrakes - a lot to do while trying to slow down after landing!! A refused takeoff is near impossible! I would prefer that it be like the F-18/F-15 where if you hold the button down, the speedbrakes keep coming out/in.

• On the A320 (probably all airliners), I have to hit the speedbrake button 20 times to get full speedbrakes - a lot to do while trying to slow down after landing!! A refused takeoff is near impossible! I would prefer that it be like the F-18/F-15 where if you hold the button down, the speedbrakes keep coming out/in.

You shouldn't use the speedbrakes to slow down with the Airbus. Arm the spoilers, set the auto brake and use the reverse thrust to slow you down after touchdown. The speedbrake is only see to add more drag during descent (when the PFD asks for it).

• You shouldn't use the speedbrakes to slow down with the Airbus. Arm the spoilers, set the auto brake and use the reverse thrust to slow you down after touchdown. The speedbrake is only see to add more drag during descent (when the PFD asks for it).

Thanks! That's exactly what I would have said.

Prior to takeoff and landing you arm the ground spoilers by pulling the speedbrake (retract-command 1x).

Then the spoilers will deploy automatically when you abort a takeoff or when you touch down. The lever in an Airbus remains in the most forward position (white marking visible) and you only move the lever aft to slow down in flight.

• Noticed an update pushed from Steam and tried the Mudhen - took me a moment to figure out the speed brake is a "push and keep pushing" button! :)

Thanks for the fix.

Keep pushing, that has been the case prior to the update as well... ?! Except now if you let go the speedbrakes are not retracting again, nice if you have to descent 5min. with speedbrakes extended. To slowly retract them hold the retraction key or button down.

• I failed to get the "small update that was pushed out" to correct the "spoilers will not retract" This is on the Learjet 45. They stay fully extended, No repeated fast pressing or constantly pressing of the / key will get them to retract. The Spoiler arm in the VC will force them to return, but I do not want to have to go into the VC every time I want to retract spoilers. I use an external cockpit.

How can I request an update from steam? I'm using the beta version.

Regards,

Ray