Orbx Scenery in Aerofly FS2

• Official Post

It is indeed.

There are two ORBX releases specifically for Aerofly FS2 (LOWI and Meigs Field, Chicago) that you can get right now. There will also be more on the way.

The sceneries can be purchased either directly from ORBX (FTX Central) or right from Steam as DLC.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff is right but...

You can not use all "Orbx Steam based Scenery" in Aerofly FS2

Most of it is made for FSX

Now isn't that what I just said :)

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• What about any of the NON steam related Orbx scenery like I have for fsx

Of course a FSX/P3D or XP11 product can't compat with your AFS2.

By the way, is there anyone who knows any news about the AFS2 version Netherlands TrueEarth? It's been two month since ORBX released their P3D version. I know they want to make this product perfect. But don't you think it's a little bit......too long??(

• By the way, is there anyone who knows any news about the AFS2 version Netherlands TrueEarth? It's been two month since ORBX released their P3D version. I know they want to make this product perfect. But don't you think it's a little bit......too long??(

I've been asking about this on the Orbx forum once a week now for a few weeks already and didn't get ANY reply. Not even a reaction to please stop asking. I am getting a bit worried here. But well, on May 21 John Venema posted this:

"Netherlands TrueEarth for AFS2 is progressing very well, we are working on all the airports which as you may expect uses different tech to P3D. I have an alpha version on my PC and it looks superb and the FPS are amazing."

...so I suppose they are silent because they are working hard. ;) That's something more developers do. ;)

• I can imagine that they wait for the update to happen, the netherlands scenery will also benefit from the performance improvements.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• I've been asking about this on the Orbx forum once a week now for a few weeks already and didn't get ANY reply. Not even a reaction to please stop asking. I am getting a bit worried here. But well, on May 21 John Venema posted this:

"Netherlands TrueEarth for AFS2 is progressing very well, we are working on all the airports which as you may expect uses different tech to P3D. I have an alpha version on my PC and it looks superb and the FPS are amazing."

...so I suppose they are silent because they are working hard. ;) That's something more developers do. ;)

Thanks J,

Since ORBX announced the AFS2 Netherlands TrueEarth with KPSP on the flight sim expo in June. I suppose the product will be released, sooner or later. But I must admit that what ORBX is focusing on now is their XP11 product. After all, it has a much larger market. Thus the process of developing AFS2 product could be slow.

• Official Post

Guys, a few things had to happen internally for performance issues to be resolved with Netherlands TE as well as our Florida Keys DLC, these 'things' are resolved with our upcoming update that changes the graphics rendering and improves performance to allow for even more cultivation models to be used.

I can tell you that there is so much cultivation in our Florida Keys scenery that prior to this change the scenery had performance issues but now, even with OpenGL, due to the major graphics engine changes it runs butter smooth, and I'm seeing no more flickering within the cultivation itself.

The sceneries that were announced had to wait for us to finish up what we had to do before work can continue on these projects. This is the next level guys and hopefully will raise the bar even further. So once we release this update work can continue once again on optimizing these packages so that they can be released for all of you to enjoy.

Regards,

Jeff