Geoconvert stripes resolved?

• Hi geoconverters,

Torsten did an update of the aerofly.exe. With this update of today the stripes of overlapping scenery textures should be gone.

Please report if any issues still exist. The current version of aerofly is EA4.68 (20170727).

There is still an issue with masking. At the border of custom sceneries I can see an area of low resolution, rather blurry. In a distance there is again the default texture visible.

This is under investigation and will be solved in a while.

Rodeo

• Thanks Rodeo for the good news, and thanks IPACS team for the fast and effective action!

The stripes are indeed gone. The blurry section is the same place as the previous stripes in the DLC area, just outside the GeoConvert scenery. It looks less pronounced than the stripes.

• The blurry section is not in the converted area, but just outside it, within the DLC area. I think it's the same location as the previous stripes which are gone now. Maybe the team has used some method to turn the stripes into blurry section which looks less pronounced?

Here the blurry sections at the boundaries of the converted areas obliged me to do another conversion for a smaller area and problems were solved, but haven't tried again with the updated .exe.

Good work!.

Cheers, Ed

• The blurry section is not in the converted area, but just outside it, within the DLC area. I think it's the same location as the previous stripes which are gone now. Maybe the team has used some method to turn the stripes into blurry section which looks less pronounced?

Yes, they are in the adyacent tiles to the converted areas, both sides. I "solved" the issue by converting to smaller areas with more resolution, and those blurries (or low res areas) dissapeared, but this was done before the update of yesterday.

Cheers, Ed

• Before the update, I did some regions with resolution higher than the DLC. I used VE 0.5m, but the stripes are still there.

I did hit upon a solution of my own: I thought I could "solve" this issue by creating a very big region that completely encompasses the DLC. As the stripes would not appear within the converted regions, it should not appear in this case. But I can't test this method, as the computer would crash with such a big region. :)

Yes, they are in the adyacent tiles to the converted areas, both sides. I "solved" the issue by converting to smaller areas with more resolution, and those blurries (or low res areas) dissapeared, but this was done before the update of yesterday.

Cheers, Ed

• Hi colleagues,

thanks for your feedback.

So let's state that the stripes are gone.

They were created by overlapping of our geoconvert textures and the dlc textures.

The blurry area is something different.

In my opinion it appears where the geoconvert texture does not fully cover an aerofly tile. Geoconvert creates a mask for it and displays the rest of the tile with the lowest level of texture instead of the default level. At the end of the tile we see again the default texture.

Torsten will take care of it, but give IPACS some time. It's vacation period here in Germany. Even these guys need 1 or 2 weeks off the office for recreation.

What's next?

Did you already try to define airports for the location/navigation map in aerofly? See my tutorial in the wiki.

After vacation time we go on with airport/runway builder with AC3D.

In combination with this we will get access to the object library of aerofly to activate our sceneries with 3D objects.

Regards

Rodeo

• Hi Rodeo.

1) I have now collected some orthophotos (not from FSet) and put them together in a system (A - B- C- D - ......):

2) I therefore have a full overview of the material to be converted. For example, if I notice errors in orthophoto "C" - I can easily change this in Photoshop and make a new conversion. I have chosen a picture size of 47660 x 21588 maximum to avoid Photoshop crashing

3) I now also have full control how to create TMC and TFW files. :)

The converted files from photo "C" are in their own folder "C". And the converted files from photo "E" are in their own folder "E".

But I do not have control over the joints between the different opthofotos. :!:

Still showing a strip between my test photo "C" and photo "E".

I have tried to delete xxxxx_mask.ttc files without the scenery being correct

If I move all the files in "C" folder to "E" folder, I overwrite the same file name. Then the result gets worse than the strip.

Where is the error?

The current version of Aerofly FS2 is EA4.68 (20170727).

All help is welcome.

Edit:

Notice that when I fly low - the strip is minimal.

Perhaps this is "level 14"?

• I just downloaded the updated SDK Tools and the Geoconvert is dated 7/21/17. Is this the latest one that you are talking about?

Regards,

Ray