Aerofly FS 2 Screenshot Thread

• Hi all,

these shots are from a short hop KMRY to KSFO just to practice an IRF Approach flying the Q400.

Works well, it's a wonderful aircraft model, I really like it. :)

Thank you for viewing and happy flying!

Cheers

Andreas

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

SIMs: Aerofly FS2+FS4, FSXSE, P3D4.5, Xplane 10/11/12, MSFS

• The Flight Sim Deck takes a look at Aerofly FS2

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• With existing weather tools it is possible to create nice scenery situations: low visbility and evening sun at zurich airport. I use such settings for ils approaches. In VR it looks quite real.

Hi,

Which tools are you talking about ? Separate products compatibles with AFS2 or just by playing with the <time> glider in AFS2 ?

HP Spectre X360 15bl100xx

i7-8550U / 16 GB SDRAM DDR4-2400 / SSD PCIe NVMe M.2 512 GB

NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2GB

Samsung LC32H711QEUXEN 32" Curved Monitor

TrackIR PRO

• Hi all....

wow....Landing at Funchal / Madeira..... very impressiv and unsafely.

But i wonder at Aerofly FS...he makes the runway curved...:(... and not right ahead.

The runway goes at Funchal a little steep.

Anyway... i cant get flat Ground for this Airport. My brain to do for this...Bad.:(:(;)

Regards

Uli

• Official Post

Looks like that airport is not suited for autoheight true. It will probably require an actual 3D model of the runway and its pillars to lift it off the curved ground

• Hi,

yes this airport is very difficult to build.

In FSX this was already a problem because of the pillars on which the runway stands.

I'm gonna see if I can do this somehow.

Must see if i can insert a runway object on which I then set the Aerofly Runway.....:rolleyes:

But I have never done so....;)

Lets go...

Regards

ULI

• Official Post

Zurich airport is modeled in 3D and so is Catalina. Those could be examples where you can see how a custom made 3D model is used for the runway.

• 4K 60fps recording (unfortunatley YouTube has compressed the video considerably so the quality is not as good as the actual experience).

All graphics settings are maxed out (Orbx add-ons) - FPS ranges 90 - 209

Part 1 KMRY

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Part 2 KCGX

Part 3 LOWI

Part 4 KEGE

Progress!! Posted on AVSIM also.

Side note: Vsync has never seemed to work with AF2, any chance of a fix in the future? I'll experiment with NCP 1/2 refresh but that just seems "unnatural" to native Vsync support.

Cheers, Rob.

• I have not seen many comments about the fact that the night lighting has been substantially improved in the last update. It does look so much better now.

Below is a screenshot of Berne with the airport about in the middle of the picture. The cultivation was done with ScenProc.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Thanks Thomas,

Great looking image.

Yes, this last big update has a ton of improvements and fixes. It will probably take some time for us to discover all of them. I wonder if the delay of the Orbx Switzerland cultivation pack was so this lighting update could be released?

Maybe we can start an ongoing thread to share the “new” or “outstanding” finds. I heard there are several “Easter Eggs” that were not mentioned in the release description.

Regards,

Ray

• This might look much better in a 4K2K display but does there need to be more attention paid to the inverse square law which means that the brightness of a virtual point source should be a quarter of that of a similar light at half the distance? As lights must be displayed by single pixels unless they are at point blank range, the presentation of individual lights powerful enough to be prominent at a great distance must be dimmed to simulate their lower perceived dimness in any display lacking infinite resolution.

The number of lights in a given scene area should quadruple at twice the distance so at the point where a reasonable simulation of single but dim distant lights breaks down, an average illumination glow would be better than a few anti-scale persistent normal lights.

I like the variety of light colours in the Miegs scenery

Edited once, last by Overloaded: maths (July 12, 2018 at 8:24 PM).

• I think the night light should have some glow around them. They are too crispy which doesn't look too realistic IMO.

I disagree. We just got them so it doesn't look like the screen is smeared with vaseline, and even though there could be improvements, I'm terrified of them messing with them again.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5