IPACS, you can add this to the wish list for the next GeoConverter update.

• It's possible that it's something in your configuration however, let's not rule out a memory allocation bug within the geoconvert tool as some others are having crashing issues as well.

Even though our testing was a success doesn't mean that something isn't missed here.

We will look into this more when Torsten returns from his much deserved vacation :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• We will look into this more when Torsten returns from his much deserved vacation

Well, I'm just getting frustrated when I do not understand the reason. :)

Until then, I am very pleased with approximately 50 x 50 nm.

That said - GeoConvert is amazing. I love this opportunity. Now I have also trained to create airports (tsc-file and in 3dsMax). Thank you so much IPACS. :thumbup:

• Well, I'm just getting frustrated when I do not understand the reason. :)

Until then, I am very pleased with approximately 50 x 50 nm.

That said - GeoConvert is amazing. I love this opportunity. Now I have also trained to create airports (tsc-file and in 3dsMax). Thank you so much IPACS. :thumbup:

If you have 3DS Max, I will be adding a detailed tutorial on creating a full airport with models creation and placement, scene alignment on top of geoconvert scenery, adding vertex weighting, decals, lighting, and layering. Just give me some time here is I've been extremely busy lately.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• frui  Hartman

I currently have ~156gb allocated to pagefile and all of it is on SSD drive. My current project (which made it from levels 9 to 10 and 12 and is now on 14) is using 141GB of that. the tifs are roughly ~140 gb of data.. makes sense i'd need that much paging space to store it for the low levels (9,10)

I am thinking about getting a 256gb ssd and dedicating it to paging for geoconvert.

Edited 2 times, last by Sycosys (August 4, 2017 at 4:37 AM).

• Thanks for pointing this out, but somehow I remember Jeff has a similar setup as mine but he can do more than 100nmx100nm region of 30cm resolution without crash.

I have an notebook computer of the same amount of ram and pagefile (but less powerful CPU) can also do bigger regions than my desktop computer, but not as big as Jeff's. So I presume it does varies from computer to computer, but the GeoConverter itself is fragile indeed. I never crash with FSET (with ms resampler) or Ortho4XP for whatever scenery size, and I can do other things in the same computer.

frui  Hartman

I currently have ~156gb allocated to pagefile and all of it is on SSD drive. My current project (which made it from levels 9 to 10 and 12 and is now on 14) is using 141GB of that. the tifs are roughly ~140 gb of data.. makes sense i'd need that much paging space to store it for the low levels (9,10)

I am thinking about getting a 256gb ssd and dedicating it to paging for geoconvert.

• So I presume it does varies from computer to computer, but the GeoConverter itself is fragile indeed.

That's what I suspect too.

My biggest wish for GeoConverter, is that we can select areas of approximately 50 x 50 nm - and that GeoConverter can create these areas so that they can be assembled without the problematic joints. Now I experience both a black line and black fields scattered along the joints. Then we do not need to make areas as big as possible in the first place.

• If you have 3DS Max, I will be adding a detailed tutorial on creating a full airport with models creation and placement, scene alignment on top of geoconvert scenery, adding vertex weighting, decals, lighting, and layering. Just give me some time here is I've been extremely busy lately.

All info is welcome (as long as I have the ability to understand). :thumbup:

I have previously worked professionally with 3ds Max. And I have followed the examples from the Wiki.

But I am used to another technique, and therefore experience the examples from Wiki as unnecessarily complicated. Regarding "mass production" - it is much easier to create a library of items and then assemble it to completed airports.

My biggest challenge has been to understand how rigid we have to be. It took some time to find out that we need to use an "Ambient Color" map. But I still do not understand why we have to use the "Ambient Color" map. :?:

SDK - airport question

• That's what I suspect too.

My biggest wish for GeoConverter, is that we can select areas of approximately 50 x 50 nm - and that GeoConverter can create these areas so that they can be assembled without the problematic joints. Now I experience both a black line and black fields scattered along the joints. Then we do not need to make areas as big as possible in the first place.

We added a new tutorial to the wiki that explains this in better detail HERE

Maybe this will help you better.

Regards,

Jeff