A320 - Can't Get Autothrust working

• Trying to get auto thrust working on the A320 but not having any luck. I set my speed, push the autothrust button, it turns green but nothing changes. After a few seconds, the display clears to "- - - -" and my speed doesn't change.

Read through the tutorial but must be missing something. Any tips?

• Official Post

The tutorial isn't finished yet, we're working on it.

This usually works but isn't the correct way:

1) move your throttle to CLB

2) then press A/THR (if it's not already on)

Here are the correct way to activate the autothrust:

In flight to turn on the A320 autothrust in speed mode when the flight director is off and autopilot is off or they are not in an active CLB or DES mode:

1) Turn the speed knob to select the desired speed

2) pull the speed knob (right click) to select the airspeed manually. (Pushing the knob (left click) would make the autopilot automatically manage the speed for you, indicated by ---*)

3) Depress (left click) the A/THR button

4) Move your throttle lever forward until the thrust levers snap into the CLB detent

In flight during climb when the autopilot / flight director display "OP CLB", "CLB", "OP DES" or "DES" in the flight mode annunciator on the primary flight display

if the first column of the flight mode annunciator is blank (no autothrust mode active): Press A/THR pushbutton to arm the autothrust system

Then: advance or reduce thrust levers to the CLB detent

On ground when flight director is on:

- can't be engaged only armed:

1) Advance thrust levers to FLX or TOGA detent -> arms the autothrust

2) at 1200ft above the ground move levers back to CLB detent

To disengage:

A) pull the levers back to idle (used during the landing)

B) adjust the throttle to your liking and then push the autothrottle disconnect button that can be assigned in the control settings (recommended way)

C) puss the A/THR button a second time, then move the throttle levers to unlock the thrust (not the recommended way)

Regards,

Jan