Airbus 320 tutorial flight

• I do have little nuissance though. Not perse related to this tutorial flight, but happening to me since i am flying this aircraft alot now.

Problem is, when I set the attitude during the preparation it let's me make changes in order of hunderds. IE: I can set 22500, or 5500. Once i am flying that's not possible anymore, and I can only change with thousends, IE: dialing the knob to 21000 or 6000.

Am I doing something wrong, overlooking, or just a weird bug in my config?

• I do have little nuissance though. Not perse related to this tutorial flight, but happening to me since i am flying this aircraft alot now.

Problem is, when I set the attitude during the preparation it let's me make changes in order of hunderds. IE: I can set 22500, or 5500. Once i am flying that's not possible anymore, and I can only change with thousends, IE: dialing the knob to 21000 or 6000.

Am I doing something wrong, overlooking, or just a weird bug in my config?

The back part of the knob is black and can be turned (mouse wheel or click on it) seperately from the altitude knob itself to switch from steps in 100 and 1000 ft. You probably accidently turned that black part of the knob at some time. ;) If you watch closely you will see a small white line pointing at either 100 or 1000 on the dashboard itself. 1000 is (obviously) used to make big changes and 100 for the smaller ones. Again, if you don't know this it is easy to accidentally make this switch while dialing in a new altitude!

• The back part of the knob is black and can be turned (mouse wheel or click on it) seperately from the altitude knob itself to switch from steps in 100 and 1000 ft. You probably accidently turned that black part of the knob at some time. ;) If you watch closely you will see a small white line pointing at either 100 or 1000 on the dashboard itself. 1000 is (obviously) used to make big changes and 100 for the smaller ones. Again, if you don't know this it is easy to accidentally make this switch while dialing in a new altitude!

Awesome, thanks!

• Another additional question..

I have almost mapped everything I need to control the airplane to my stick and throttle, without using too much mouse. But one thing doesn't 'work' I think: the 'altitude' confirmation button. When I click on the knob with the mouse the plane descends or acends, and the PFD shoes 'ALT' in blue. That's what's expected.

But with all keys binded, I can turn the altitudeknob up or down (by binding buttons to the 'Selected Altitude' function), there seems to be no mapping available for confirming the new altitude? Maybe I'm wrong (like usual ;)), but I've binded all autopilot functions too check wether it would trigger the selected altitude, without succes.

In short: is it correct that confirming the new altitude can only be done by click and not by keyboard/buttons?

Edited 4 times, last by Stringer (August 4, 2017 at 6:16 PM).

• But one thing doesn't 'work' I think: the 'altitude' confirmation button.

I had a look and it seems indeed there isn't a way to assign a key to this function. I myself mostly use the actual knobs etc. in the VC but if you like to assign a button to it, you are out of luck right now. The options to assign buttons are rather basic and certainly not usuable for all the new AP options we have now.

Take note that the knob can also be pulled. Which also goes for the HDG and SPD knobs. Pulling (right click) puts you in manual mode (you decide how fast you will descend, what heading to fly, at what speed) while pushing those knobs puts you in managed mode (the Airbus computer takes care of all that). It isn't really a 'confirmation' button but more an 'activate' button. ;)

• I had a look and it seems indeed there isn't a way to assign a key to this function. I myself mostly use the actual knobs etc. in the VC but if you like to assign a button to it, you are out of luck right now. The options to assign buttons are rather basic and certainly not usuable for all the new AP options we have now.

Take note that the knob can also be pulled. Which also goes for the HDG and SPD knobs. Pulling (right click) puts you in manual mode (you decide how fast you will descend, what heading to fly, at what speed) while pushing those knobs puts you in managed mode (the Airbus computer takes care of all that). It isn't really a 'confirmation' button but more an 'activate' button. ;)

Yeah I think they will add more mappings in the future, bad luck for now I guess. There's alot of unique mapping for each plane ofcourse. I do like the thought of using only the buttons on the sticks though, untill a VR kind of glove or Oculus Touch really takes off. It's really immersive, especially since I have given myself a little present in the form of a Thrustmaster T16000M. Very cool to actually fly with both hands (stick and throttle).

Thanks for the extra tips! It sure feels mighty flying this thing. Now i'm trying to learn the 'unhappy' scenario's, for instance what if I have to do a go-around, or divert etc. Pretty challenging to set up the plan for a new landingattempt. So much fun :)

(yeah I know there's a go-around setting ^^)

Edited once, last by Stringer (August 4, 2017 at 9:13 PM).

• Oh dear, landing at Bern (BELP) in foggy conditions. What an aproach with all those trees just before the final! Have to disengage the AP pretty early on to get a steeper glideslope in order not run out of runway.

You should try it, so much fun ^^

• Oh dear, landing at Bern (BELP) in foggy conditions. What an aproach with all those trees just before the final! Have to disengage the AP pretty early on to get a steeper glideslope in order not run out of runway.

You should try it, so much fun ^^

I have and I even tried auto-land back then and I think it worked... Not sure if it still does... :)

• I have and I even tried auto-land back then and I think it worked... Not sure if it still does... :)

I did a few attempts (intercepted GS at 2700) of which one autolanded and with the other the AP disengaged automatically +-few hundred ft before the runway, just before the last trees on the hill. Quite liked that. It's a CAT1 right? So not too trustworthy in real life I guess ;)

After that I had enough trust confidence to go ahead and disengage it myself and fly visual to land a bit earlier and catch the taxi-exit. Ouch that's scary when you are used to your little friend the AP ;)

Edited 3 times, last by Stringer (August 7, 2017 at 9:27 PM).

• As mentioned in a thread about the q400 tutorials, currently we do not plan to make video tutorials just yet. Too much is changing still and we're getting more and more content into Aerofly so we'd have to redo the video tutorial in a few months. In the long run we will probably create video tutorials though, right now that is just too much effort. I'll continue with the A320 tutorial as soon as I have time for it.