Joystick, Throttle, Keyboard stop working and can't control aircraft

• Not sure what is happening but ever since upgrading, on occasion, my joystick, keyboard, and throttle just stop working. It's like they shut off and I have no control over anything. Can't 'esc' from game, can't steer (joystick doesn't move on screen), no throttle control. Mouse does work but only for a few dash controls. Can't change flaps, throttle with it.

Have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and force close app, restart then everything returns to normal.

Thinking this is a bug??

• Please provide us with your complete system specs here.

For starters, please make sure that you have the latest drivers for everything (especially your GPU).

This sounds like it's crashing on you. This is mostly caused by hardware issues or limited system specs.

Let's start here.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

Thanks for responding. I'm running a i7700K, 32GB Ram, Gigabyte GA-Z170 UD3 motherboard, Nivida 1080 Ti graphics card with latest driver, Windows 10 with latest updates, HTC Vive, Saitek Throttle, Logitech Freedom joystick

Not sure it's related, but I've also noticed any change to the VR graphics/Render Scale factor causes an immediate crash forcing a restart of the program.

• Official Post

OK, your system specs are certainly not the problem.

Have you checked your Steam file integrity? Maybe you have a corrupt or missing file somewhere.

Are you using anything for over-clocking or enhancing applications?

You can also try to reset your video card settings to default settings and try to run Aerofly again. Sometimes GPU control panel settings cause issues.

Also, have you checked your TM log located in your documents\aerofly FS2 folder. This should tell you what Aerofly is crashing on.

If you can, please send me this log.

You can also check your system event logs to look for something in your system crashing Aerofly.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff