My Aerofly installation so far

• Hi all,

now I have Aerofly FS2 and it runs very well. I am a longtime FSX user and this here is really interesting regarding performance. Not even all the buildings in New York have any impact on the

performance. This is not what we have in FSX....and I will certainly follow this project and try to support it if possible.

And because of this I have a few remarks of what I've noticed so far:

- The screen on my machine is very bright. I have other programs running and cannot adjust the monitor so much. I've worked around this and it runs, but I have the following suggestion:

To add a simple little panel where we can adjust brightness, bloom and saturation so that everybody can adjust his screen. This exists in other programs and works well.

It may even help a bit against this shimmering of the buildings, because I think this is influenced by too much brightness as well.

- The color of the photoscenery in the stock scenery, the North East DLC and Switzerland DLC varies a lot. Perhaps it would be useful to add a "Master Image" as a reference to the SDK.

- I also have the trees everywhere, on the roads and buildings and also in the water. But I haven't seen any floating trees.

- In the settings I cannot assign a key to adjust the mixture of the piston engines. Is this not implemented yet?

- The Beech Baron on my system does not alter the sound according to the throttle adjustment. This is not good to fly because I cannot hear what I do.

- My Cessna has a wrong pitch trim indicator. I have to trim the nose much more down until it's at the "A" of "Take off" before takeoff, otherwise it goes up like a rocket.

And very minor but a bit annoying: A sound in the outside view where a voice always says "drei" in the background.

This is not to be understood as urgent criticism, I only want to report what I have noticed.

And my special congratulations go to Ipacs for these wonderful aircraft models with zero impact on framerates. Great job done!

Happy flying :)

Andreas

My PC is a FX 8350, 16 GB RAM, GTX 660 2GB, 5 TB storage. I will do my signature later.

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

SIMs: Aerofly FS2+FS4, FSXSE, P3D4.5, Xplane 10/11/12, MSFS

• Hi Andreas,

first off, welcome to our forum.

In review of your posting your suggestions are welcome here and noted.

For the tree's, currently the trees are placed with a 1m accuracy, so it's difficult to position trees at the moment. Once the format gets upgraded to use OSM, then there will be more control over this and the accuracy will improve. This is something that will be worked on in the future.

Also, please take note of the response from "bbrz" regarding the Baron sounds as it's accurate.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thank you very much for your answers. I will have to check some of my aircraft in FSX regarding sound.

Can I please have some information about the mixture adjustment in the B58?

I cannot find a position to assign a key for it and there is no mouse activity over the lever.

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

SIMs: Aerofly FS2+FS4, FSXSE, P3D4.5, Xplane 10/11/12, MSFS

• Can I please have some information about the mixture adjustment in the B58?

I cannot find a position to assign a key for it and there is no mouse activity over the lever.

Afaik mixture isn't simulated yet.