Q400, a big BRAVO and only praise.

• As a big fan of the Majestic Q400 in FSX, I'm flabbergasted about your new plane. I mean it.

I was a real pilot (private with 2000 hours) but mostly an airplane mechanic for 15 years and I had the chance of siting in the right seat on a Q400, test flight after major overall.

It was an average day weather wise, but wind where about 15knot, I was impress by the endless floating on landing of the Q400 that day and that the constant ""fighting"" of the pilot at about a 100 feet to keep the plane stable. I just landed at the fixed LOWI with this one and at 100 feet or so I started battling to put her down but not stalling, in my head I said: WOW, those guys did pretty close to the real thing.

By the way, the Q400 in manual flying need a lot of trimming... again, yours need the same.

I hope that no one tell you that your simulator is a game....

On top, LOWI right now with your sim is the beautiful thing I have seen in my life of siming. And all that with FRAP running (filming) at a nice 45 FPS on final.

Take that as a testimonial, you have pushed the standard of flight simulator with this bird.

Bravo to all the hard work.... and a Q400 for free!!!!!!!!!!!

AF2 as became my principal flight simulator

I wish you all the best guys

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• Official Post

This is very much appreciated. A lot of work from a lot of talented, dedicated people made this. You can expect this type of passion with all future updates. This is why it takes so long sometimes to get updates out to you guys, but the end results are what you are experiencing here :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi Guys

The assigned buttons of the joystick can't manipulate the ailerons and elevator movements.

The trimming in the cockpit can't make the plane fly straight whatever I do.

Very disappointed from this aspect.

Bye, David

I don't think I can get you ?

You have a joystick, but are using buttons to control the ailerons and elevator, or are you saying you were unable to make the trim controls for pitch roll and yaw work ?

Th Q-400 has noticeable torque effects at high power / AoA, requiring consistent use of rudder trim. Aileron trim should only be used in asymmetric thrust emmergencies, fuel imbalance, etc... So your main compensation / trimming should be done via rudder and elevator trim.

Once set in the Controls menu, it's really easy to use in the Q-400.

Can you be more explicit about your problem David ?

Limited by Main Thread...

• The free plane dash 8-400 can't be trimmed via joystick and trimming inside the cockpit it impossible.

Wrong, easy to setup in the joystick - keyboard page.

To see that you have to scroll down on that setup page, all axes can have trim via axis or button of your choice.

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4