• Hi all,

in the SDK I can find how to make the photoscenery, how to create an airport, how to import an object from a modeling program.

But I cannot find anything similar to the msfs autogen. A house in this autogen for example is only a description of walls and a roof

and it has a texture of course. And than it can be annotated to the scenery file using the annotator program.

So if I want to populate my wonderful new photoscenery with a large number of simple houses and various simple vegetation,

how can I do this?

Happy flying and creating :huh:

Andreas

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

SIMs: Aerofly FS2+FS4, FSXSE, P3D4.5, Xplane 10/11/12, MSFS

• Andreas,

this will be available soon. It is just a matter of time to prepare the features, objects and tutorials. In the moment some people are in their summer vacation so we talked about finishing and publishing this in a few weeks.

Dave W. already arranged a package of buildings and static aircrafts, which will give you the possibility to place them into your scenery.

Michael from IPACS finishes the catalogue, which enables you to place a reference point. aerofly replaces this point by the object itself.

And a third option defines generic objects with a handful of parameters to encourage a whole area with them. This includes trees, buildings and lights. Nethertheless it is different from autogen. You have to define the positions, size and orientation in form of a list file.

Jeff will definitely inform the community as soon as these features are available.

Enjoy aerofly FS 2

Rodeo

• Hi Rodeo,

this is great and of course it must not work the same way as the autogen system. The autogen annotation in msfs is very difficult

because it's no wysiwyg. And than you go to your scenery and, surprise, this is not what I wanted....

Because of this I think it's important, that the scenery designer can identify the objects he is working on visually.

If there are only names or numbers it's a bit painful.

Of course I enjoy Aerofly FS 2 very much. It's already a very good sim in this early access stage. :)

Happy flying

Andreas

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

• Hi,

this is correct.

Only in version 1 real 3D objects, with Dave's package you see and handle the objects in the graphics program.

In version 2 reference points, we have at least a comprehensive display in the catalogue.

Version 3 cultivation, is more a surprise, what will be shown.
    I'll try to index the results until it is ready to be published.

Rodeo

Examples of reference catalogue.

First snapshot of building cultivation in the foreground.

I added always the same parameters and aerofly comes up automatically with a slight variation.

(Orientation is incorrect, this was my very first test).

• Hi again Rodeo,

this is exactly what we need. The better this works the more fun we will have

and even more working scenery we will get.

During next months I will first learn how to do the photoscenery, because now I know

that we will be able to extend it very much.

Andreas