Could these nvidia VR settings be optimized?

• Dear all,

Have been playing al lot with afs2 these days. I never bothered much with nvidia settings, just in game settings.

I was wandering if any of you also changed nvidia control panel settings? Maybe some settings are killing my vr experience without knowing.

The VR experience is pretty good but I don't want to miss out on some tweaks, if possible

I have a gtx970 and 32 Gb ddr3 and a i7 2600K

thanks very much!

cheers

Jozef

• No, since I started to use Aerofly FS 2 I have all those options at default. In the old days when I was still using FSX and P3D I changed a lot of those settings all the time but not anymore. Aerofly FS 2 needs ZERO tweaks and I love it! ;)

• The GPU control panel settings don't change much in VR so it's best just to leave them all at their default values. If anything adding some AA might get rid of some very slight jagged edges around the gauges but not enough to jump for joy about.

The only real setting that greatly improves the clarity and sharpness in VR is the 'render scale factor'.

Since you only have a GTX 970 I wouldn't increase this setting too much (maybe 1.25) otherwise you will have performance issues.

Those with a GTX 1080/1080ti by all means crank that setting right up to 2.0

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Ok thank you.

I run the render scale factor @ 1.5 or 1.6 without problems to be honest.

Afs2 is the only sim for me that looks good and performs well at the same time.

Appreciate it that you as moderator are so active in answering questions and helping people!

Great work!!!!

Jozef

• Forum moderation is only a small part of my job with IPACS but thank you :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff