AP config in pause

• I would love to be able to configure the autopilot and ILS frequncies in pause mode, e.g. choose a starting point in sight of the runway, pause the sim, configure the AP for an ILS landing and then start. I know this is not realistic but for training purposes it would be great.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• For training purposes doing this without a pause mode would be even better. 8) With the current systems an ILS approach is setup with just a few clicks but well, if something like this is very easy to implement I won't moan if IPACS decides to put a few hours in it. I rather have them spend the time on weather though. ;)

• Hmm.. I just pause the game, look up everything up I need (Runway, ILS, height etc. ) and then dial it in. Feels better to do it in realtime in my opinion.

Because then the system gives feedback after each dial-in, and not after you dial in multiple things. How would you know what you did wrong then? :)

• Already implemented.... Well not what exactly what you asked for but try this:

Set the aircraft on the runway you want to land at. Configure the ILS frequency and course.

Exit the flight, go to location dialog select the same airport, but this time put yourself in the final approach.

Now your ILS is tuned, course is set, Autopilot should already capture the LOC and GS because you placed it in final approach, if it isn't in set yet, just press the APPR button.

It gets even better for the A320, Q400 and B747. Create a flight plan with your desired runway. Place the aircraft in the approach and while the sim is loading already hit the key "a" for the autopilot. If all works well you shouldn't need to touch a thing. The A320 and B747 will land themselves, Q400 will need a little manual flight for the flare since it can't auto-land.

So yeah....

We had a similar question on Steam a few days ago. The user wanted to pause the flight and then interact with some devices (like you want to tune the ILS) and then resume the flight.

Regards,

Jan

• Thanks, I just tried something similar. Important is as you suggest to make the settings beforehand on the runway. I can live with that.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Thank you for your support. I think this should not be such a big thing and nobody is forced to pause for configuration. If you approach an airport from somewhere else then your aircraft should already be properly configured at this point so it is not an issue. But if you set the aircraft close to the rwy you have the configuration from the last flight and then it can become a stressful approach and that's definitely something you don't want.

Regards,

Thomas

• This is very good point. We can't use real flight as the only criteria to judge the simulator. There are too many factors missing in the simulator. At some stage the simulator has to add something of its own to make up for the missing part. And there are other factors such as convenience and aesthtics to consider.

And it's not coincidence that all other mainstream flight sims can do the adjustment of dials and switches during pause. This is considerate for the learners. And they can just ingore it when they enter into more advanced stage.

Don't agree. Especially in multi crew planes like the Dash8, A320 etc. one is the pilot flying and the other the pilot monitoring.

The pilot flying orders the items he wants to have set, changed etc. So flying single pilot in such a plane isn't very realistic.

Being able to set the necessary headings, freqs etc. while paused makes this task easier and in this case more life like IMO.