• Hi all,

is there a command built in to display the framerates?

And for the autopilot: is it possible to shut off the level function without activating hdg or nav?

Cannot find this.

Andreas

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

SIMs: Aerofly FS2+FS4, FSXSE, P3D4.5, Xplane 10/11/12, MSFS

• And for the autopilot: is it possible to shut off the level function without activating hdg or nav?

Cannot find this.

You mean wing level? LVL or WING LVL?

In the Q400 there is a STBY button on the autopilot panel, just press that and the flight director will disappear for manual flight.

Same in the Learjet 45, press the left and then the right FD key to hide the flight director.

When the autopilot is engaged then LVL in the LJ45 will stay, unless you activate either HDG select or VOR or FMS or LOC (or another mode I might have forgotten) or ROL (engage ap when above roughly 6 degrees of bank)

There has so be some lateral mode when the autopilot is flying, so no, you cant get rid of it.

• The Cessna and the Beech Baron. I didn't explain what I want, this is correct. ;)

I want to do the heading with the joystick while the ap holds the altitude.

This is very practically when observing a scenery from outside.

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

• Thank you Jan. At this moment I use the Cessna and the Beech Baron. Please see above statement.

And happy flying

Andreas

• AFAIK that's not possible IRL. In most cases you need a lateral function to be active first to be able to have a vertical function as well.

E.g. on the A320 you can fly LNAV without VNAV but not the other way round.

IRL=in real life? I am afraid in real life it's not usual to view the scenery from outside,

but I like do do this in the sims. ^^

Ok, it won't work , this was understood. No problem, I will fly without AP in this case.

Edited once, last by andiflyit (August 6, 2017 at 9:11 AM).

• If you engage an AP without any mode, it normally defaults to pitch and bank hold. So with the AP engaged both axis are always active.

I think that should work, yes. Just bank the aircraft to a reasonable bank attitude and engage the autopilot. It should use ATT (attitude hold) in pitch and roll.

Or use hdg and keep the heading bug turning. You can also assign it to buttons or key commands. When ever the plane wants to level out, hold the button for 10s or so.

• I think that should work, yes. Just bank the aircraft to a reasonable bank attitude and engage the autopilot. It should use ATT (attitude hold) in pitch and roll.

Or use hdg and keep the heading bug turning. You can also assign it to buttons or key commands. When ever the plane wants to level out, hold the button for 10s or so.

Jan, it's a good idea to assign the hdg to a button, I didn't think about that. I usually do not assign ap functions.

Thank you.