Is there a way to set the scenery location folder other than on the C drive.

• Hi.

This works for me:

<[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\My Scenery]>

These are my folders on drive E My Scenery - scenery - images - Lincs-1 the last being the folder I saved the map files in.

I could not get it to work without the adding the "images" folder.

Hope this helps

Mick

I actually put this information here: Having trouble with the new geoconvert tool; Please Read

A couple of weeks ago.

Mick

Edited once, last by mickatmian: Just found my original post (August 12, 2017 at 7:12 PM).

• Hi Ray,

Note the way my folders/files are setup the scenery folder is not addressed directly but is inside a folder on my E drive called "MY Scenery" (This folder can be named anything you like).

This is the folder that needs to be addressed, in my case: <[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\My Scenery]>

Folders on the E drive as my last post My Scenery - scenery - images - Lincs-1

In my case Lincs-1 is the folder I saved the generated files to but could be named "test" or anything you like, but the files must be in a folder, not placed directly in the images folder.

Hope this is a clearer explanation.

Mick

• Thanks Mick. I understand the folder structure, it is just that no naming convention has worked so far, for me. I'm sure that whatever is not quite right will be discovered soon. The added pointer in the main.mcf surely is the key for Aerofly FS2 to go looking elsewhere for scenery files.

Regards,

Ray

• Hi Ray,

Just as a test I changed the main mcf reference from My Scenery to aerofly <[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\My Scenery]>

<[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\aerofly]>

And changed My Scenery folder on my E drive to aerofly all other folders untouched and it works just the same.

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs but I notice your main mcf file is E:\aerofly\ scenery delete the \scenery reference and it should work.

Mick

• Thanks Mick, I agree, It should work but it doesn't.

Maybe one day, I will wake up and the damn thing will work correctly. Probably a space added or missing or something dumb like that. I just tried so many variations with no success that I don't feel like trying the exact same thing over and over.

If it doesn't work the first time it isn't going to work the second time unless something is different. I have yet to find that difference.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Ray

• Why do you have to redo it? When I edit my main.mcf file and then restart Aerofly the setting remains in there... the extra_user_folder option is still in line 169 where it was automatically generated. All I did for my installation is add the path into the existing option. And that path isn't cleared everytime Aerofly starts, so I think you might do something wrong here. Maybe you are adding in another "extra_user_folder" option and leave the original automatically generated one blank. Next time you reopen the file after Aerofly is closed again, your setting may be gone because the default one was clear in the first place. So question is: are you adding in another line to the main.mcf file or are you using the existing setting for it an just paste in your path in between the brakets [path]. Because if you do that the setting shouldn't be cleared, even if it is wrong, so that is why I am asking: why do you have to redo it?

• Why do you have to redo it? When I edit my main.mcf file and then restart Aerofly the setting remains in there... the extra_user_folder option is still in line 169 where it was automatically generated. All I did for my installation is add the path into the existing option. And that path isn't cleared everytime Aerofly starts, so I think you might do something wrong here. Maybe you are adding in another "extra_user_folder" option and leave the original automatically generated one blank. Next time you reopen the file after Aerofly is closed again, your setting may be gone because the default one was clear in the first place. So question is: are you adding in another line to the main.mcf file or are you using the existing setting for it an just paste in your path in between the brakets [path]. Because if you do that the setting shouldn't be cleared, even if it is wrong, so that is why I am asking: why do you have to redo it?

Jan,

To answer your question directly, I don't have to redo it, but not matter what I do the damn thing doesn't work for me. So if I don't change something how could I expect it to work the next time I start AF2?

Following the instructions to create a new folder in E: drive named scenery. with a sub folder named images, and add some scenery files there. Aerofly FS2 does not read those files.

I searched my main.mcf file for duplicate entries and found none. I think it would delete duplicates anyway. It will also correct errors. See highlights.

Here are the snapshots:

• Jan,

To answer your question directly, I don't have to redo it, but not matter what I do the damn thing doesn't work for me. So if I don't change something how could I expect it to work the next time I start AF2?

Following the instructions to create a new folder in E: drive named scenery. with a sub folder named images, and add some scenery files there. Aerofly FS2 does not read those files.

I searched my main.mcf file for duplicate entries and found none. I think it would delete duplicates anyway. It will also correct errors. See highlights.

Here are the snapshots:

I'm out of ideas, look like you are doing everything right. There really must be something going on. I hope Torsten can fix this easily when he comes back.

• Note the way my folders/files are setup the scenery folder is not addressed directly but is inside a folder on my E drive called "MY Scenery" (This folder can be named anything you like).

This is the folder that needs to be addressed, in my case: <[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\My Scenery]>

Ray your screen shot shows that you are still addressing a folder called scenery, as I said before that will not work, the scenery folder needs to be inside another folder in my case "My Scenery" .

It takes 10 minutes at the most to try what I have been telling you, all you have to do is follow what I have said previously and it will work.

Set up a folder on your E drive, humour me, call it My Scenery then move your scenery folder into it.

copy my string8 above and paste into main.mcf

Mick

• Is this an issue only if you installed Steam/Aerofly FS 2 to your c: drive? Mine is installed on my e: drive, and I copy my Geoconvert files to the scenery/images directory there without any problems. I don't install anything in the Documents folder.

If this isn't helpful my apologies. I am easily confused.

• Is this an issue only if you installed Steam/Aerofly FS 2 to your c: drive? Mine is installed on my e: drive, and I copy my Geoconvert files to the scenery/images directory there without any problems. I don't install anything in the Documents folder.

If this isn't helpful my apologies. I am easily confused.

I have tried everything possible to no avail.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Ray your screen shot shows that you are still addressing a folder called scenery, as I said before that will not work, the scenery folder needs to be inside another folder in my case "My Scenery" .

It takes 10 minutes at the most to try what I have been telling you, all you have to do is follow what I have said previously and it will work.

Set up a folder on your E drive, humour me, call it My Scenery then move your scenery folder into it.

copy my string8 above and paste into main.mcf

Mick

mick,

I did try it with E:\aerofly\scenery\images\files and it didn't work.

I have never trusted folder names with spaces so I opted not to use My scenery as a folder name.

Regards,

Ray

• I'm out of ideas, look like you are doing everything right. There really must be something going on. I hope Torsten can fix this easily when he comes back.

jan,

Thanks. Yes, it is Tortens's turn next.

Regards,

Ray

• It has always worked for me. That is strange.

F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\images\name of whatever scenery I made\then the files in that directory.

So for example: F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\images\austria\ then the new files go in there.

• It has always worked for me. That is strange.

F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\images\name of whatever scenery I made\then the files in that directory.

So for example: F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\images\austria\ then the new files go in there.

Both are still on the same hard drive. The objective is to put the user scenery files on a separate hard drive but have ADF2 access them.

Regards,

Ray

• Sigh. Yes. I thought the desire was to get files off the C: drive which is small in many computers. The stock installation is in the documents folder which is on the C: drive. This is a way to get the addon scenery off that drive.

But if I was confused I am sorry.