Q400 Flight Tutorial released

• Wow, great tutorial! This plane seems to be a lot 'deeper' and advanced than the Airbus!

Big bummer though that I won't be able to do the tutorial in VR... and it will probably take quite some time before I know the plane well enough to fly it in VR. Real shame. But anyway, I am looking forward to giving the tutorial a try!

• Wow! excellent tutorial. I'm just trying now to follow it. Thanks for the support!.

It is certainly very thorough! It looks like the Q400 can satisfy even the most study-oriented simmer, at least for a while.

Thanks for the excellent tutorial.

Awesome, great job. It wil take a while before i will endevour upon the Q400, first taming the Bus. But then this one will be next for sure.

Wow, great tutorial! This plane seems to be a lot 'deeper' and advanced than the Airbus!

Thank you guys, this means a lot to me :)

I wrote it for 6 days straight, though the entire weekend actually.

The big difference between the Q400 and A320 is the great automation of the Airbus. Don't let the number of click events fool you into thinking the A320 is less complex, it is quite advanced as well, it's just hidden underneath a lot of automation to reduce pilot work load.

• The big difference between the Q400 and A320 is the great automation of the Airbus. Don't let the number of click events fool you into thinking the A320 is less complex, it is quite advanced as well, it's just hidden underneath a lot of automation to reduce pilot work load.

I stand corrected. ;) It is nonetheless great to have a plane in Aerofly that needs that much clicks to get things done! Depth like this has always been limited to payware planes in other sims! I already posted a link on a Dutch forum I visit to show how well Aerofly is progressing! ;)

Anyway, your tutorial is one of the nicest I have ever seen and I haven't even given it a try LOL I just LOVE that amount of detail!

• Thanks Jan for your very hard work producing this tutorial. Personally, I have not had a chance yet to go through this and fly the Q400, but will at a later date. Your efforts, as are all of the IPACS team, are very much appreciated! :)

Ken

• Thought it might be helpful to include a link to the FANTASTIC tutorial in this thread.

https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/d…raft:dash8-q400

Thank you Jan!

Mr. Bean, close but your link just goes to the specs.

Here is the link to the Tutorial:

https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/d…flight_tutorial

Jan what a great job you have done with this. Thank you so much.

Anton von SierakowskI - Aerofly FS2 Win PC (since 2017-08) W10 64bit

ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 3.4GHz (@3.9GHz) 16Gb RAM GTX770 2Gb, 250Gb SSD-sys, 500GB SSD-FS2, 4TB HHD

(FS2 iOS on iPad mini retina)

• Take note that you can easily make a pdf of the tutorial with the wiki-options on the right: I like my tutorials on good old fashioned paper so I exported the page as pdf which gave me a perfectly printable document which I just printed in glorious full color on the professional printer at work (only the best is good enough for anything Aerofly FS 2 related ;) ). Can't wait to give it a try but until I can do that I can at least read the tutorial a few times. ;)

• Take note that you can easily make a pdf of the tutorial with the wiki-options on the right: I like my tutorials on good old fashioned paper so I exported the page as pdf which gave me a perfectly printable document which I just printed in glorious full color on the professional printer at work (only the best is good enough for anything Aerofly FS 2 related ;) ). Can't wait to give it a try but until I can do that I can at least read the tutorial a few times. ;)

I tested that as well, the PFD throws off the formatting a bit (pictures on the right now span the whole width) but it is printable in this format. Don't know who would print 25 pages for the intro and another 40 for the tutorial

Btw, the two pages are linked in the main menu of the wiki on the left but here are both links:

Intro: https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/d…400_flight_deck

Tutorial: https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/d…flight_tutorial

V-speeds: https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/d…raft:dash8-q400

• I'm so use to the Majestic Q 400 and guess what, the AF2 version is about the same :P

I did a video on the semi cold start yesterday.... if it could be of any help?

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• you need to set a rudder trim with your joystick or keyboard! The Q400 as a nasty habit of going left or right, blame it on the engine. At every major change of power the plane will react this way. It's also very sensitive on the up and down trim, like the real one.

You need to set your joystick with trims on the yaw and elevators. No way out

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• I would. I did. I just like things on paper. Specially good things. ;)

I made a .pdf as I always do, but rather than print as I always used to do (I would have need a bigger home to store so many manuals), I now use Goodreader on my iPad which allows me to highlight items in color and to make my own linked notes. Then on my pc, I have the .pdf up on a second monitor for reference. Cheers Anton.

Anton von SierakowskI - Aerofly FS2 Win PC (since 2017-08) W10 64bit

ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 3.4GHz (@3.9GHz) 16Gb RAM GTX770 2Gb, 250Gb SSD-sys, 500GB SSD-FS2, 4TB HHD

(FS2 iOS on iPad mini retina)