• I have been looking at the cascade of sales emails I get and Mesh seems to be a "must have". Do we still need Global Mesh or is this sim good enough as it stands. Are sloping runways modelled?

Those sales emails are for mesh products for other flightsims: there are no mesh products for Aerofly FS 2. In fact, apart from 2 Orbx airports (and the DLC from IPACS) there are no products for Aerofly FS 2 at all. All the addons you can get for FSX/P3D/XP won't work with Aerofly FS 2. Luckily, I might add, because this means Aerofly FS 2 doesn't share the same crappy engine... ;) But as Sycosys said Aerofly comes with a decent default mesh so no problems there.

• The default mesh is only good in the DLC areas. Outside the DLC area, the terrain mesh resolution is very low. Jeff said IPACS is thinking about improving it. Finger crossed.

Those sales emails are for mesh products for other flightsims: there are no mesh products for Aerofly FS 2. In fact, apart from 2 Orbx airports (and the DLC from IPACS) there are no products for Aerofly FS 2 at all. All the addons you can get for FSX/P3D/XP won't work with Aerofly FS 2. Luckily, I might add, because this means Aerofly FS 2 doesn't share the same crappy engine... ;) But as Sycosys said Aerofly comes with a decent default mesh so no problems there.

• The default mesh is only good in the DLC areas. Outside the DLC area, the terrain mesh resolution is very low. Jeff said IPACS is thinking about improving it. Finger crossed.

This is Pikes Peak.. Pikes Peak is well outside any DLC Area.. the Elevation Mesh for the rockies is pretty damn good. I have been flying all over them since i am making imagery for them...

• This is Pikes Peak.. Pikes Peak is well outside any DLC Area.. the Elevation Mesh for the rockies is pretty damn good. I have been flying all over them since i am making imagery for them...

Maybe it differs from region to region. Try taking off from Lukla Airport, go northeast to Mount Everest, and you will long for higher terrain mesh.

BTW: it's awe-inspiring flying there.

• The mesh looks great in the mountains between Innsbruck and Vienna. I have been doing that area over the last few days.

Once you get to central Norway it is basically gone. I don't know how far north the good vector data extends, but definitely NOT that far lol

• Maybe it differs from region to region. Try taking off from Lukla Airport, go northeast to Mount Everest, and you will long for higher terrain mesh.

BTW: it's awe-inspiring flying there.

Getting high resolution meshes from Nepal is going to be hard i would guess. the best i know of for world coverage is the Revised SRTM (shuttle radar telemetry mission) data.. in western countries there is money for things like Lidar and photogrammetry.