Touchdown tyre (Tire) Smoke

• i know this might seem trivial but would it be possible to add tyresmoke on landing for a touch more realism, not being technical i don't know what this would mean workwise

it's just something i miss, in the scale of things i know this is miniscule but i just thought i would put my 2 cents in :)

• i know this might seem trivial but would it be possible to add tyresmoke on landing for a touch more realism, not being technical i don't know what this would mean workwise

it's just something i miss, in the scale of things i know this is miniscule but i just thought i would put my 2 cents in :)

I had been thinking about things like this as well. Contrails, Wingtip vortices, etc. I know that Ipacs knows how to do these things because the RC sims have some of these effects, but I can only assume there are other priorities, right now.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Contrails, vortices, condensation over wing, sound barrier condensation, smoke and tire smoke, YES PLEASE :)

+ Rain and jet blast that throws water from the ground into the air (e.g. reversers or wheels)

Yes the RC series has smoke but it was a bit of a performance killer in my experience. I've been told the smoke didn't make it to the Aerofly FS 2 because of that. If it comes back it will have to be reprogrammed in a better way, using modern techniques. This just adds visually though, in terms of graphics Aerofly already looks quite good. There are other areas where we can improve which are more important right now, as you guessed.

Nevertheless, this could be another thing where the Aerofly engine could really shine. If it is done right and we have all these effects with very little performance hit it would be a good selling point I think, it just looks to cool and alive!

• Thanks for your replies guys i didn't realise it would have a performance hit on the sim,just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone connected with ipacs

& everyone who contributes advice & Content to the sim, It's greatly appreciated,the future's looking great for this sim :)

• Thanks for your replies guys i didn't realise it would have a performance hit on the sim,just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone connected with ipacs

& everyone who contributes advice & Content to the sim, It's greatly appreciated,the future's looking great for this sim :)

If it is done right it won't be an issue. The older system in the RC can't be used for all this though.