Basic VOR tutorial for Aerofly FS 2

• Yes, flying any published approach is fun indeed. Unfortunately it won't work well with VR. I need to be able to see that chart all the time which can't be done with VR. Which is a shame.

That's why I don't fly VR + I would get sick ;(

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Unfortunately I couldn't try any VR stuff with a flightsim myself but I've heard from quite a few RW pilots that the high visual immersion and the total lack of associated motion can make you 'air'sick quite fast.

It CAN, yes, but most people have no problem with getting sick in flightsims because you are seated in a fixed position. Things can become problematic and sickening if things around you move a lot, specially when on the ground, and there is nothing 'to hold on to' but usually things don't move a lot while flying, you always have a cockpit around you and you are not grounded. These are all things that prevent most people from getting sick. Obviously some moves in a plane might make you feel a bit uncomfortable but those some moves would also make you unconfortable in real life. In fact, I expect some manouvers to make me feel a bit uncomfortable so this all helps with the immersion. ;)

In the end it is a very personal thing: most people don't have problems or can get used to VR pretty soon but some will get sick no matter what. I myself have various physical conditions that would make me vulnerable to sickness in VR but so far I never ever had any problems with it.

In other words: you won't know if VR will make you sick until you've tried it (for some time).

• When I used a phone based VR system I got sick very quickly. When I got the Vive for my family I expected the same thing to happen, but I can honestly say I have never gotten nauseous in almost eight months of daily use.

As J van E says, it can vary from person to person with no rhyme or reason, and I also believe that many people who are sick initially get over it quickly.

• Obviously some moves in a plane might make you feel a bit uncomfortable but those some moves would also make you unconfortable in real life. In fact, I expect some manouvers to make me feel a bit uncomfortable so this all helps with the immersion. ;)

In other words: you won't know if VR will make you sick until you've tried it (for some time).

I get motion sickness in a full motion simulator, though not in real aircraft :)

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• The problem even with Level D simulators is that the motion always lags a tiny bit behind the visual.

That's why flying visual approaches in such a sim is more difficult than IRL and taxiing is motion sickness inducing.

Yep and it's horrible. A funny thing though, I get sea sick, car sick but not air sick :)

Handy cultivation tools