Posts by Jet-Pack (IPACS)

The user interface on mobile is mostly limited by space available on smaller devices, for the full realism we offer a product that runs on pc, mac or even linux, where you can connect any number of input devices and have free options to assign any slider that you want.

You can already do a lot on mobile, e.g. use the touch input to trim the aircraft. Not ideal because you need to look down. You can also just engage the copilot for a few seconds which will also trim out your aircraft.

We're all for realism which is why we want to improve on the fuel system. But there are more people than you might think that prefer to fly around in a carefree manner, e.g. full afterburner f18 to the moon and back.

Even I use the infinit fuel option in other simulators, e.g. when I do landing practices. Sure it's fun to fly a go around in a heavy with only 200 kgs of fuel left... see how far you get. But after crashing a few times and having to restart the others simulator which sometimes takes more than 5 minutes... that is a bit too much penalty for my taste and so I set airplanes to un-damageable and having infinite fuel :)

We can add that engines go out after the fuel runs out but after about a day we'll get the first requests for "infinit fuel". So unless we can offer that option we don't want to force all users to keep track of their fuel, especially since you cannot yet adjust the fuel that you start with. But once this is added the engines will probably spool down when your fuel runs out.

Again, when the time for the full fuel simulation comes including reducing the mass of the tanks then there will be options to change the fuel on board.

My current implementation of the fuel system actively vents fuel overboard when the fuel tank is full which is not ideal, I can check if that is an easy fix. Then I could increase the fuel capacity but right now we got much bigger things on the agenda.

Welcome to the world of aviation where everyone thinks their units are best and only the unit of time seems to be a commonly agreed thing.
    Don't worry, once we add more advanced options for fuel or weight and balance you will probably get the option to switch to your preferred unit system.

As long as your fuel burn and your fuel amount is measure with respect to the same units you should have no issue of having a feel for when it's about to run dry since the fuel quantity divided by the fuel burn always yields time in the same unit. In pounds it just uses 2.2x as much fuel looking at each number.

If you asked a physicist they would probably change everything to kg and meter/second in an instant. And most airlines in Europe use kg exclusively, runway lengths are indeed measured in meters over here and probably almost everywhere outside the US and more and more airlines in the US are also changing over to the international standard unit of mass, which is the kilogram.

Since nowadays both the foot and the pound are defined by their SI-unit counter parts these units are mere factors that are there to confuse us :)

We're using SI units in Aerofly because we never want to worry about units during our calculations.

Why don't you ask the manufacturer and they couldn't stick to the international standard... he he :)

I guess we're stuck with altitudes in feet and speed in knots, because of the nice separation of 1000ft (305m) between aircraft, nice 250kt/10000ft speed limit (instead of 128m/s, 3048m). China and Russia are indeed using metric altitudes already.

Man darf nicht einfach die Daten von anderen (wie Google oder Microsoft) kostenlos weiter verteilen, das widerspricht dem Urheberrecht.

...Weil nicht jeder Nutzer 2TB übrig hat haben wir die Auflösung der Welt reduziert auf 9GB.