Posts by Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Hi,

LCD displays and simple clocks, etc. can be done with the tmd and any custom aircraft. The DR400 has an LCD display for the COMs that is working, but that is just one of many examples where you can copy from.

Usually we render these displays into the light map, you can just assign it in your model and then define the clear color in the tmd, after that the individual texts are rendered as defined in the tmd file.

There are multiple variations of the rendering, e.g. you can render font or you can render from one texture (source) to another (target), so you could copy a rectangle from one texture to the other for switching between more fancy looking indicators (e.g. A320 autopilot panel).

You can define the source and target size to your liking.

More complex displays like in the airliners (glass cockpits) are rendered by our custom draw code, which is not public. We are still waiting for the first serious add-on producer to contact us about this manner. Once they do we will find a solution that works for both parties.

The aircraft editor is my private project so far, which I won't release for free just like that. Either it becomes an official tool in the sdk (i.e. ipacs buys it from me) or I will sell it privately but it's not decided yet. Right now there are only a handful of potential users for this tool, so there is not that much pressure. And the editor doesn't fully replace the text editor, it is more of a visual representation, a debugging tool and a tool for graphical editing. I still program the tmds in my VS text editor and the aim is not to replace this text editor.

Thanks for the rapid reply. I regularly update all my drivers, so I am pretty sure they are up-to-date. How do I force Aerofly to use GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ?

Sorry but I actually don't know this out the top of my head. If you check your installed programs you probably have either the geforce experience or nvidia controls or something, there you can select when to use your graphics card.

A short internet search on "use nvidia graphic card for game" or something like that should give you numerous results. (It is not an issue with Aerofly itself, just the wrong graphics card being used here)

Thanks so much for the two versions of the R22. This way guys like me who like an aircraft that they can get into the air quickly can do so, and my friends who appreciate study level birds can enjoy themselves too. Please maintain this approach to any future aircraft.

The helicopter is gorgeous, but then the entire sim is!

It is the same helicopter, just stabilized by a sort of "autopilot". Even if you chose the easy version it is the exact same physics.

And yes, we are always keeping beginner pilots in mind and will offer features to easy the use of our complex aircraft.

Hi,

Names updated, also this is how they download from FSCLOUD as folders with Captital ICAO codes.

here is video of whats happening, it got weird, take a look.

https://youtu.be/3iOl-qkWXT4

In the video it looks like the aircraft is fine, just the ground textures are completely missing. This happens if you geoconvert a region and set the target region larger than the images cover.

If you can please set this video to "unlisted" so it doesn't pop up as a search result on youtube, thanks

From my understanding folder names have to be lower case and cannot include spaces, at least when you want to use the scenery on multiple platforms.

"airport builds" and "ZA", "AU", "YSSY" and especially "AC3D Files" violate this rule, you should consider renaming these folders to lower case names and replace all whitespaces by underscores.

The tm.log that you send us shows a few issues with the installed user sceneries, can you try to remove then from the user documents folder for me?

e.g.

ERROR: (geometry 'C:/Users/ryan/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/scenery/places/za/FAOR/rap4012m4000m_rwy.tmb' not found)

skipping duplicate place 'C:/Users/ryan/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/scenery/places/za/FAPN/wbscr.tsc'. icao='KAVP'

ERROR: (geometry 'C:/Users/ryan/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/scenery/places/airport builds/ZA/FACT/.tmb'

ERROR: (geometry 'C:/Users/ryan/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/scenery/places/airport builds/AU/YSSY/AC3D Files/FSET Files/kdwh_rwy.tmb' not found)

Hello Kaptain and welcome to our forums! Great to have you on board!

We have more than 17 thousand registered users in the forum, more than 30 applications each day, sorry but we can't write a personal welcome message to every single user. When I happen to notice that a new user writes his or her fist posting then I often reply with a welcome to our forums message. My apologies for not noticing you as a new user!

Found the problem but no solution. For yaw control I'm using the superb VKB sim MkIV pedals. They have an x y and z axis but I can (and want) only assign the y axis.

Aerofly does see the other 2 axis but it doesn't use it and I can't delete them.

Using the mouse for reverse thrust is unfortunately not an option (although it does work) since I can't grab and move both thrust and/or reverse levers together.

You can grab both levers when you hold down the right mouse button ;)

I just wanted to know if it works then, you don't have to look down and use your mouse every time...

What hardware setup do you have and how exactly did you assign your throttle and reverse inputs? (Please include all secondary axes that are hidden until you unplug or disable the primary device)

The 737, A320 and 747 use a different type of control input which I wrote as a combination of two axes. The first axis controls the throttle and the second axis controls the reverse (in the opposite direction). When you move the throttle axis the lever will increase into the forward range, closing any reverse that was active. By moving the throttle you end up in the forward range.

if you move the reverse then first the throttle is closed to idle before the reversers are activated and you move into the reverse range. If you have a button assigned for the reverse then that should close the throttle and activate full reverse thrust. Right now this happens almost instantly and as soon as you let go the lever moves back to idle.

If you grab the levers with the mouse it becomes clear what the goal is. Grab the throttles and move them to idle, then grab the reverse handles and pull them aft, then you activate the reverse range.

All this is working perfectly on my end, so some assignment of yours is different to what I have been testing with and I would like to know your assignment to reproduce this issue.

The reverse indications of the A320 and Learjet work perfectly on my end as well, they are amber until reversers are not fully deployed and turn green when fully deployed.

O.K.

And the black screen only happens when you enter the simulation?

Can you change your aircraft to the cessna (for example) and then place the aircraft onto the runway of an airport? Does this work up onto the point where you press the button to start the simulation? Do you see any loading screen? Is the loading time "normal" or is it "too short" before you see the black screen?

Please use an in-"game" rendering for comparison, not the main menu which could be a texture with finite resolution.

Go into the sim, find a polygon edge like the edge of the window and compare it there.