Posts by Jet-Pack (IPACS)

As we posted several times in the past: we did not forget about the mobile version and with every day that we work on the desktop version we also improve the next mobile version since they share a lot of the code. We usually don't give any sort of estimation regarding the "when" question.

Does this impact on the flight characteristics or is it a visual thing.

It does, yes. We believe that the physical deflection should equal the optical deflection, everything else would be unrealistic. If you want less lift at the same deflection, there is a parameter for that. If you want more drag at the same deflection, there, again, is already a parameter for that.

If you want to change just the visual angle you can do so with the AngleMax parameter. But if you look at your flaps from the side and actually measure the flap angle with like a triangle you should see a proper 45 degree angle. It might look too much but 45 degrees is a lot compared to other aircraft!

<[uint32][InputID][FuelFlow.Output]> needs to be changed to EngineFuelFlow.Output since the name of the output is not "FuelFlow", its "EngineFuelFlow". You could of course also rename the output object to just "FuelFlow".

To make your life easier you can also rename that "FuelFlowInput" object in the graphics section to just "FuelFlow" (but also rename all occurances in the graphics section like FuelFlowInput.Output)

(0.0 0.0) (700000.0 5.0891) (1400000 10.178)

That would be the mapping of the pressure gauge. For 1400000 pascals the angle is 10.178 rad or 583.15 degrees.

This is the maximum reading on the gauge, so yes that is a high pressure :)

These mappings work as linear interpolations, first figure is a tick on the input scale, second number is the output value for that input.

So for an input of 0.0 output is also 0.0, for input 700000.0 output is 5.0891 and so on.

Hi

I have the same problem, Also with saitek throttle, but it wasn't always so. It started a couple of months ago. I thought it was because I had downloaded a new skin for the 747 and that it was conflicting, But I just returned to using my other throttle quadrant and then got into Scenery building and forgot about it.

Custom skins don't have an impact on how the throttles work. Those two things are in different threads on the cpu, heck the repaints are technically even on your GPU whilst the throttles are computed on the CPU.

No, this probably has to do with the changes I made to the throttle inputs. Now you can have your physical throttles at 50% and then the autothrottles moves the virtual levers and they stay where they are even when you disconnect athr. And we can initialize the throttles for cruise or landing, so that you don't have to change throttle even if your physical devices are still at idle or full throttle. BUT it seems like the new way of doing things has some glitch with these throttle quadrants, we'll have to debug what signal aerofly receives and why it increases throttle twice as fast. I'm guessing the bit-resolution is lower than I anticipated but we will see. Give us some time to figure this one out :)

In the meantime can you confirm that your throttle axis is assigned only once (per engine)?

Go to the control settings and delete all assignments for the throttle axes. Then re-assign them and check if the issue is still there.

Hi Jan

Thanks for the reply, perhaps a biped figure of some sort. I plan to add a headless figure in the VR view as I hate sitting in a cockpit and seeing the seat but no legs etc.

How can I adjust the flaps in the TMD file. The Starfighter flaps are 15 for take off and 45 degrees for landing, ours look to be 60 degrees.. I have experimented with the Map figures in the TMD but nothing seems to adjust things. Need to be 0.2617 radians and 0.785 radians

Thanks again

Steve

This has to be set in several places, tmc, _takeoff.tmd, _landing.tmd

but the only place that directly affects the physics behavior at one time is the DynamicObjects section in the tmd.

Here I've rewired the flaps for the correct positions (have not tested it in the sim)

- flaps mapping now has the flap positions for positions: takeoff (currently position one of two = 0.5) and landing (full = 1.0)

- flap actuators now have P1 = 1.0 to have a 1:1 correlation of input to output (since input is already correct angle)

But... if 0.785 is the correct angle my guess of 0.8 wasn't actually that bad!

Which aircraft are you flying?

The speed button only selects autothrottle speed mode when you fly in vertical speed or altitude hold but not if you climb in VNAV (route) or flight level change or OP CLB or CLB, It just goes to full throttle which is not a bug, that is actually desired.

The airspeed during the climb is not controlled with the throttle, rather the autopilot pitches up and down to change the speed. If you fly manually and still want to use autothrottle (which real world procedures tell you not to do) then you could end up in an overspeed situation, like you do.

So in your case: before you press speed, just press "VS" to force the autopilot to go into vertical speed mode. After that you can engage autothrottle in speed mode. Now the autopilot is targeting the selected vertical speed and autothrottle targets the selected airspeed.

Hi Steve,

we have a standard model which you can select in the tmc file. But we have a pilot figure that we place in each aircraft to generate the bone positions, which you could do by hand but I highly advice against doing that :D Since I've never done a pilot posture yet, I'm really not sure how you could create one with the sdk tools,, I'll ask tomorrow if I don't forget :)

Thank you for reporting this to us, we will have to investigate what we can do about this.

When you look at the throttle levers in the virtual cockpit, do you see them jumping around a lot?

Also the throttle is sometimes initialized at 50%ish, so moving your throttle levers then from idle to 50% might cause the simulated ones to be already at max. So my question would be: is this behavior present all the time, e.g. when you have moved your physical device up to max and down to zero at least once?

PJ already switches planes.

The problem with positioning is that main.mcf does not use lat/long values but 3 parameters which are presumably x/y/z coordinates.

This would be a hint towards the earths surface possibly being modelled as a flat projection and not as an actual sphere or ellipsoid.

x, y, z is the karthesian position in space relative to earth's center, rotated with earth reference frame. X is towards 90° East meridian, Y towards 0° and Z up I think. And it's an ellipsoid model of the earth...

I have always considered spoilers as just another flight control that was added for better control of the aircraft. Those he-man pilots that “never touch that spoiler handle” would probably land gear up to avoid that “new fangeled retractable landing gear” if they could figure out how to Taxi without using full power.

Most business jet pilots that I know, and practically all the recert courses teach that it saves fuel and extends range to stay high and make steep descents at the destination using spoilers.

Regards,

Ray

Plus it feels a lot more like reentering with a space ship :D

Might they be completely outside the area of the radio kit and I need to put some numbers in that are in the right ballpark before fine tuning position?

There is nothing like that in aerofly.... you can copy the target position, size and scaling from the navigation stuff and use it for the clock, then it should render the clock overtop the navigation "stuff"

In your text file that you uploaded you have a block of code repeated twice, that's why it tells you duplicate object...

I've looked into the tmd file of the dr400 an it appears it already has a clock in the physics section...

and in the graphics section just add the code

and in the list:

add:

LcdClockHours.Render

LcdClockMinutes.Render

LcdClockSeconds.Render

then there should be a numeric display somewhere on the texture that shows the time...

I've not really tested this particular example but it's not too complicated. All left to do is find out the texture coordinates (lower left corner) where your clock hours, minutes and seconds should go -> TargetPosition