Posts by Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Hi Steve,

of course you can try that with the wheel brakes but this could lead to unexpected results. If you increase the brake strength you'l just stop the wheels from spinning but then you probably won't be able to stop the aircraft in any short distance.

I'd just wait for us to do a catch hook.

It's not a bad idea just not the time for it just yet. Definitely something we have thought of :)

We've had this request a couple of times in the past and it sure would be nice to have. But as far as I'm aware the plans are not to shake the cameras, like in the other sims, but to shake the aircraft itself which is much more realistic. For that we need to do a few changes to the physics engine and at the moment this has to wait.

so if I got it right, you'r saying that third party app can not connect to Aerofly unless IPACS will allow it?

He is saying that we're not programming like the other sims which gives us better control over performance so we aren't using out of the box libraries for these sort of things, so outside apps can't automatically connect. We can't unlock these features because they are just not implemented in our code. Its not a matter of just allowing it.

Aerofly has such a great performance because we do things our own way, even if that means that we have to re-program features that are already present in other sims automatically.

Hello Roy,

Thank you for sharing your review with us.

Two things you probably don't know yet:

- There is a help available in the program if you click the large question mark in the top right corner.

- The IPACS forum is mainly for our support, I'd always recommend this platform over the Steam forum. The steam forum came automatically by publishing Aerofly on Steam, in that forum I'm not very active, but Jeff is. Here we have full control over how the forum looks and we can share downloads like the SDK, user made scenery and repaints etc.

Yeah you did the classic lon-lat versus lat-lon mistake. Your airport is now east of somalia in the Arabian Sea.

Swap all your coordinates to match the pattern: ...E ...N (lonlat), so roughly 7.13 50.85 then you're airport should be back in Germany :)

This physics info is no longer available in FS 1 and FS 2.

To convert a model successfully you need to remove all object names that aren't present in your model. Go through the graphics section of the tmd file and delete all objects except one rigidbodygraphics object. Then you list all your object names in that geometry list.

In the dynamics section also remove all collision hull objects, they also reference your model and if an object name isn't found Aerofly or the converter that also loads the model may crash.

I think an "empty.tmd" was included in the SDK at some point, I'm not totally sure if it still is. I've looked through the older versions of the aircraft workshop and there definitely was a "template.tmd" included, so check if there already is a usable tmd in the aircraft workshop for you. Otherwise I'll quickly upload the

The trim settings are set per flight situation. When you select the runway starting point from the location dialog your trims will be set for takeoff.

And when you place the aircraft anywhere on the map and change the altitude with the slider on the right then your aircraft will be loaded in a clean configuration, flaps up, gear up and with trims set for cruise. When you select the final approach from the location dialog your trims will automatically be set for the approach.

Of course as soon as you assign an axis to the trim all that is lost.

And yes, if you leave the autopilot on for a little bit it will trim the aircraft just like it does in the real world.

Some aircraft don't need trim like the A320, the have fly by wire and trim themselves all the time, except when on ground.

So when you are starting at the parking position (white aircraft symbol on the airport map) your trim will be pretty much zero. You then have to manually set trims for takeoff as part of your checklist.

The problem isn't that you can't make new aircraft for the FS2. You can make custom aircraft for the Aerofly FS 2 and we could easily make the same user made aircraft work in Aerofly FS 2 but I don't have any of the models and K hasn't been online in quite some time. So the problem isn't the platform itself, there are new tools online to create custom aircraft and we have so much more possibities in Aerofly FS 2 now. We are no longer limited to joystick buttons and keyboard buttons, now we can click the switches in the cockpit and have much more power to program what ever we like.

So from a technical standpoint Aerofly FS 2 is far superior and therefor we will continue to develop FS 2, not FS 1 which was great at its time but now we have an even better successor with even more efficient rendering and simulation engine which caused old, unefficient planes to be incompatible. But we can fix that by just exporting the FS1 aircraft with the new tools. But as mentions, I can't do that because I don't own or have the models.

Jan,

So if you already own FS 1 and the swiss scenery, you have to buy it again? I didn't have to pay for the Corsair add-on again...

We did a number of changes to Switzerland, for example add support for the night time. Plus we have a much much larger free area now which spreads from the west coast all the way to Colorado and Switzerland is a few thousand miles away from that. So it is logical to have it as a separate DLC and the price tag comes from licensing cost and the additional work we had to put in.

Hi Rudi,

all of our platforms use mostly the same code which is only possible because everything was hand-coded by IPACS and is independent of what the operating system does. Only a few places where we directly interact with the system we need to expand our code a bit. All content is identical on all the different hardware therefor any change we make on an aircraft is automatically also a change seen on all hardware. So we're not opening "new construction zones", we are just adapting the one simulator engine that we have for multiple platforms which is a thing we do once and as soon as everything works there is not that much more work to be done to maintain the compatibility.

The Learjet is a very fast aircraft, that is for sure. Don't worry about it too much, just pitch up to about 15 degrees and then engage the autopilot right away. It should level off at 2000ft where you have to pull back the throttle to prevent overspeeding. When you feel like you are going too fast just decrease the throttle more and more. The 85% were just meant for takeoff you will reach 2000ft very quickly, from then on out you need to reduce thrust significantly to maintain the 180 kts.

The heading 120 should be about parallel to the route. Maybe I should expand on this a bit more.

The DR400 is part of the Aerofly FS 2 software development kit (SDK) which you can download from this forum:

https://www.aerofly.com/community/file…rofly-fs-2-sdk/

After a few manual steps you'll have the dr400 converted and installed in your Aerofly, here is the wiki link for the tutorial: https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/d…rcraft:tutorial

After installing the SDK you basically just have to do the last step of that tutorial

Hi Thomas, thank you :) I'm really looking forward to seeing your airfield in Aerofly! BTW I'm flying very close to you at Hahnweide, Kirchheim Teck and have flown over Bartholomä whilst doing a bit of cross country.

This is me over the Schwarzwald:

+ There is no way to search or list locations -- correct?

+ The photo quality with 3D structures Swiss scenery is not in the Steam version -- correct? I find airports in the US, but not in Europe.

+ Is there a collection of tutorial videos for learning ASF2 somewhere? I have searched YouTube and found found vids on a few specific things but little in the way of instructional vids for how best to learn and exploit the product. For example: how to setup and use VR/WMR, "Getting Started", etc.

1) at the moment there is no search function apart from panning and zooming on the map

2) Switzerland can be purchased as in Steam as downloadable content (DLC)

3) We do have tutorials in form of text because that is easier for us to expand in the future. Here is a link to one of the tutorials: https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/d…raft:learjet_45 on the left you'll find more links to more aircraft.